Chat about Equipment Info
 #152947  by Jon S.

“It all rolls into one and nothing comes for free. There's nothing you can hold for very long.”

One year ago today, my close friend and long-time Dead bandmate, Jim McLeod, passed away. I received the news from his widow just 2 days after our superb debut gig at HopeFest with our newest Dead band iteration, Casey Jones. Several months later, my remaining bandmates and I began auditioning potential alternative guitarists/vocalists but it was never the same. When I realized my heart just wasn't in this aspect of my music any more, I moved on.

Since then, I've kept busy musically in other ways. I started Jokerman, my new Bob Dylan tribute band where I’m the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist. I'd handled most of Jerry’s lead parts with the Thankful Dads and Casey Jones so it was strange moving to full-time rhythm guitar but also easy because to sing and play fun songs is why I embraced guitar in the first place. I've continued Acoustic Mana, my indie rock band where I’m also lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist. And I still host the occasional loose Dead jam at my place now and then as I'll always love the music and my Deadhead musician friends.

Also around the time of Jim’s death, with the exception of a gear-for-sale ad or two, I stopped posting here. The bickering over who’s more “authentic” than who had reached a critical mass for me. I realized then it would be best to move on. A year later, I feel the same. The less I seek my value for some capacitor, the closer I am to fine. I'll continue to visit periodically in stealth mode to read and learn. I’ve made wonderful friends at RUKIND with whom I’ll always enjoy staying in touch. Anyone who wants to reach me is very welcome anytime via the e-addy in my profile or on The Gear Page.
 #152948  by tcsned

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I wish you the best in your current musical endeavors and non-musical endeavors.
 #152950  by Staemius

Sorry for your loss Jon. I've wondered where you've been - I've missed your posts as I have really enjoyed your opinion on various gear through the years. I get it though and take care of yourself and post as you see fit - all the best.
 #152956  by TI4-1009

Yeah, we keep track of you over at TGP Jon. You can't get away that easy. It's actually settled down a bit lately. B-o-r-I-n-g..... :lol: