#152373  by milobender

chinacatbundaberg wrote:Really nice, Brian!! Where do you get the boards from - or do you put them together yourself.
Thanks "o)
The boards are kits from Build Your Own Clone. I've like all their stuff so far :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #152378  by bluemule

Looks outstanding! You want to work out a trade some time? :lol:

Where did you get those neat little screw inserts for the control cavities?
 #152380  by milobender

bluemule wrote:Looks outstanding! You want to work out a trade some time? :lol:

Where did you get those neat little screw inserts for the control cavities?
Thanks Hippyguy and Bluemule for the kind words. The brass inserts are from Fastenal. A trade, not at the moment, but possible a partial trade in the future :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #152745  by milobender

What pickups are you using and what guided the choice?
The two humbuckers are DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs and the single coil is a DiMarzio Area 61... Both requested by Joe; and they seemed like a perfectly good choice to me.
Why does it make sense to have internal effects rather than using outboard gear?
Again, this was a request/choice from Joe. As far as 'make sense', it's really more a matter of preference than sense... although, I know from experience with an onboard TS808, that it's really handy to be able to change the effect parameters from the guitar rather than having to do it on the floor... In a rack mount up at a reasonable level is a better choice than the floor, but this is about preference.

I work co-creatively with the people that commission work. If I see a problem, or what I consider a 'better' direction, in what they desire I'll offer my opinion. But when it gets down to strictly preference, it's anything goes "o) There's really only one way to find out what you really like, and that's to jump in... preferably the deep end :smile: :smile: :smile: