#135  by TomW

and applied a half-time groove over the second part of the verse.
 #119932  by Tennessee Jedi

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Now that we've finally cleared up that mystery (thank goodness!)- how about the next one: why are you replying to an 8 and a half year old post? :lol:
Trying to work this one up for a JGB jam ....
The thread title said it all - HEY DUDE ITS NOT IN A LIKE YOU THINK
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #119938  by Rusty the Scoob

:shock: If your bandmates are listening to a JGB version and insisting it's in A... that's... well... Huh.

I don't remember what key the Beatles wrote it in, but I know it's not C. D, maybe? Anyway, Jerry does it in C. I bet I've played it over 100x live with Fennario, Don't Let Go, The Garcia Project, Legion of Jerry, etc: always in C.
 #119940  by Tennessee Jedi

Rusty the Scoob wrote::shock: If your bandmates are listening to a JGB version and insisting it's in A... that's... well... Huh.

I don't remember what key the Beatles wrote it in, but I know it's not C. D, maybe? Anyway, Jerry does it in C. I bet I've played it over 100x live with Fennario, Don't Let Go, The Garcia Project, Legion of Jerry, etc: always in C.
Nah ... havent played with these guys yet. Never even tried it before this week .... wanna try it now though !
 #119942  by rugger

The original is definitely in "D" with the descending line easily grabbed on the 5th string with your middle and then index fingers. It's a pretty common move. The key change to "C" had me flummoxed for a short time but you can find the descending line in a first position cowboy "C" chord. Hybrid pick and find the groove and you'll start to hear Jerry's adaptation.

**edit** I just noticed that another old resurrected thread that includes good tab for this by BillbBill. I am not offering anything new here. Cheers.

john in san diego
 #120055  by ugly rumor

Now that we've finally cleared up that mystery (thank goodness!)- how about the next one: why are you replying to an 8 and a half year old post?

He had to think about it, ok? Nothing wrong with a little reflection before posting. Maybe I should have waited 8 years before I posted this!!
 #120060  by Tennessee Jedi

I am surprised such a great Jerry Band tune only had 3 threads devoted to it ..... Not as much info but the stuff from Bill was gold.
:-)
 #120062  by Billbbill

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I am surprised such a great Jerry Band tune only had 3 threads devoted to it ..... Not as much info but the stuff from Bill was gold.
We need a 'like' button! ;)
 #120065  by Rusty the Scoob

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I am surprised such a great Jerry Band tune only had 3 threads devoted to it ..... Not as much info but the stuff from Bill was gold.
There's not a lot to discuss, really, as awesome as it is, there's not a lot of interpretation involved. You just learn it and play it, you don't really find yourself having a 5 page debate about what key it's in like, say Touch of Grey, for example.

It's a nice easy tune to throw together with a band once you know it, too - playing it with any of my various JGB bands, I really don't have to ever change much of anything or adjust what I'm doing.