Chat about Equipment Info
 #115403  by Adam Deckard

Post just auctioned off a wolf tribute on ebay this week. I was wondering if anyone here purchased it and could they talk a little about it. It was a beautiful guitar and I believe the buy it now price was a mere 1400 dollars. :shock:

Anyone here own one? I know billbill likes his. Now that you've been playing it for a while do you have anything more to say about it Bill? For 1400 dollars I could be in the market.
 #115485  by Ross66

Adam

I too have a Post Wolf. I aboslutely love it!
Troy is a pleasure to work with and he does
impeccable work for a reasonable price. My
Wolf is loaded with Obel,Super2's,SDS1,TPC-1,
brass nut,everything you need to get a solid Jerry
tone. I use AO's wheel junction box and cables
in conjunction into a 73 Twin. Troys setups are
perfect as well as his smooth fret work. I would
definitely recommend him to you.

Ross
 #115512  by Jerms

I too own a Post "wolf." Love it. Best playing guitar I've owned. Mine is Walnut over Maple. Super IIs and an Sds-1, OBEL, neck-through construction but the Walnut top and bottom layers cover the entire surface, so you can only tell it's neck-through by looking at the bottom end-pin. I'm curious as to whether this makes any difference in tone from a traditional neck-through design where the pickups and bridge/tailpiece are mounted directly on the neck. Troy shipped it with a CB-1 preamp, but I thought it sounded a bit thin and trebly so I switched it out to one of Waldo's. That helped a bit but I still would like the tone mellowed out a bit more. I plan on trying Dual Sounds instead of Super IIs in the near future. Also I'm not a huge fan of the tuners he put on there, locking Gotoh's with the screwdriver slot on top, like the newer PRS tuners. He's really great to work with, though. There was a Super II in the neck originally, but Troy switched it out with the SDS-1 before he shipped it, and set up for 11 guage strings for me. I had a couple minor setup issues that I attribute to the fact that it came from Virginia to live in Jackson Hole, WY where the climate is very dry and we're at 6300 ft. But like I said before, this guitar feels great to play and looks wonderful. I love the ebony fretboard, and the neck is a bit chunky, which is how I like it. The edges of the fretboard are super smooth. For about 1/2 the price of a factory-made American guitar it can't possibly be beat. I recommend. There's pictures and links to our live recordings on my band's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/thedeadlocks.
 #115521  by NSP

Jerms wrote: There's pictures and links to our live recordings on my band's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/thedeadlocks.
Hey Man,

Checked out your facebook page and videos, you guys got it going on...really good stuff. Looks like you've had the pleasure of playing some really cool venues.

Gotta love that our community has a selection of very talented luthiers for us to get the guitar of our dreams.
 #115527  by Jerms

Hey Man,

Checked out your facebook page and videos, you guys got it going on...really good stuff. Looks like you've had the pleasure of playing some really cool venues.

Gotta love that our community has a selection of very talented luthiers for us to get the guitar of our dreams.
Thanks!
Before I discovered this forum I had no idea there were so many folks out there dedicated to making the gear that helps us play the music we love so much. I would be totally lost trying to get the right tone without it.
 #115532  by Adam Deckard

His website right now says that he is not taking orders. I mean shit most nice guitars at any guitar shop cost more than these and this is like your dream guitar like the guys said.
 #115971  by TRG

Ross66 wrote:Adam

I too have a Post Wolf. I aboslutely love it!
Troy is a pleasure to work with and he does
impeccable work for a reasonable price. My
Wolf is loaded with Obel,Super2's,SDS1,TPC-1,
brass nut,everything you need to get a solid Jerry
tone. I use AO's wheel junction box and cables
in conjunction into a 73 Twin. Troys setups are
perfect as well as his smooth fret work. I would
definitely recommend him to you.

Ross
+1
I've got a Wolf too and love it as well (picked it up over this past winter). Troy was great to work with and very quick to respond to any/all my questions pre/post delivery.

I've got:
SDS-1
Super IIs
OBEL
Brass Nut
TPC-1