#109648  by hippieguy1954

mkaufman wrote:Here's a soundboard version:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1976-0 ... 35171.flac

mk
Yes, it is a sound board version, but it is only available streaming. Click on the link and try to download it and then look up and see it says "available for streaming" and there is no button like there usually is for download. I'm not sure now (i will fine it for you) where I saw it, but there is a reference to it being a Dicks Picks.
I found a audience version that has great reviews and will try it. If you or anyone knows how to get the soundboard, Id sure like to know how.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #109650  by NWPines

hippieguy1954 wrote:

mk
Yes, it is a sound board version, but it is only available streaming. Click on the link and try to download it and then look up and see it says "available for streaming" and there is no button like there usually is for download..... If you or anyone knows how to get the soundboard, Id sure like to know how.
Replace "details" with "download" in the URL. Sssshhhhh...... don't tell anyone.
 #109659  by hippieguy1954

NWPines wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:

mk
Yes, it is a sound board version, but it is only available streaming. Click on the link and try to download it and then look up and see it says "available for streaming" and there is no button like there usually is for download..... If you or anyone knows how to get the soundboard, Id sure like to know how.
Replace "details" with "download" in the URL. Sssshhhhh...... don't tell anyone.
Then you get that real long list that you have to download each song one at a time, right? That is what I got. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #109661  by hippieguy1954

I just realized I need the '74 show also. I was at that show too. Don't think Im totally lame and haven't had soundboards of them both before. I did, but what happened is a bunch of my CD's were kind of stolen including those two shows (that are awesome and I was a at both). I haven't even had time to see about the '74 show yet!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #109662  by NWPines

hippieguy1954 wrote:Then you get that real long list that you have to download each song one at a time, right? That is what I got.
You can usually download the entire show as a zipped file as well. The links to do that (in various formats) are typically at the top of the list.
 #112866  by Jon S.

Holy shit. Is this the show that was originally supposed to be Sat. night where the tickets said rain or shine, it rained, there were some fireworks, then the show got postponed, the crowd got nasty and started screaming "Rain or Shine, Rain or Shine!," Weir came out to apologize, someone through a bottle at him, the Hell's Angels with the band hopped the fence and beat the living shit out the guy, and then the show got performed the coming Tuesday? Because if yes, I was there, too!!!

P.S. I don't really know where to put this so as long as I'm posting here now, I just found this on YouTube - someone posted a video of me and some friends performing Tore Up last summer at a pool party. This is not my regular gig (The Thankful Dads), just a pick-up/one-show group (I'm playing the Tele) but nevertheless I continue to be amazed at what you can find on the 'net - someone's watching always! :drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDYnYjJ ... ure=relmfu (right click - open link in new tab)
 #112868  by mkaufman

IIRC, there was an incident (stabbing) at a YES concert at Roosevelt Stadium just prior to when this show was supposed to take place and the Dead show was postponed. I was at this Dead show. I wonder if I still have my ticket showing the original date? I'm not sure about the rain...

mk
 #112871  by Jon S.

Well, regardless if my Roosevelt Stadium show was '74 or another year, I caught another incredible show at another Roosevelt the same year - Roosevelt Raceway. Jesse Collins Young, the Beach Boys, Joni Mitchell w/Tom Scott & the L.A. Express, and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - all for a $10 ticket. It was decades later when I finally learned that it was the first time also that I'd caught Robben Ford live (he was Tom Scott's guitarist that tour as a teenager). '74 - it was a good year. :D
 #112873  by Emoto

gr8fullfred wrote:The Roosevelt Stadium Shows were some of, if not, the best shows I ever saw. The energy and the vibe at those shows was awesome. To this day just the mention of the Roosevelt Stadium shows sends chills up and down my spine. Back in this time frame, the Dead used to take sometimes 10 minutes to tune up between songs. The concerts were very long, practically marathons.

And oh yeah, THE WALL OF SOUND! YEAH BABY, THE WALL OF SOUND, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

If the Glen was not enough for ya, there were a couple of shows at Roosevelt to finish you off!
17 years old, digging the dead. I think it left an indelible impression on me. Not sure, but I think so.
No wall of sound in 76.
 #112876  by Jon S.

Emoto's reply to gr8fullfred actually reassures me - apparently I'm not the only one who can't remember which years he saw which shows ... which I guess is not a bad issue to have (having caught so many). :cool:
 #112879  by Emoto

Jon S. wrote:Emoto's reply to gr8fullfred actually reassures me - apparently I'm not the only one who can't remember which years he saw which shows ... which I guess is not a bad issue to have (having caught so many). :cool:
My first show was two days before this one. That's how I know.