#85746  by JonnyBoy

OH MAN totally forgot about that one! MTV probably nix nayed that from the start. That was the best though. Mickey and BIll ? :lol: :lol:

You know Jerry was too cool to do anything but sit on the stool. I am sure he said, "No way am I dressing in that, I will be right here while you guys make fools of yourselves. " That was pretty close to their lives though, not much out of the ordinary for them.

I also can see why Bobby's acting career never took off. You guys do realize they were always poking fun at the establishment and contractual obligation?

ALL IN ALL, Priceless Grateful Dead.
Last edited by JonnyBoy on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #85747  by tcsned

Lol - I remember when this video came out. Jerry has a classic look on his face in the beginning like "how in the fuck did I get talked into this?"
 #85751  by Rusty the Scoob

tcsned wrote:Lol - I remember when this video came out. Jerry has a classic look on his face in the beginning like "how in the fuck did I get talked into this?"
My thoughts exactly. They all have pretty awesome looks on their faces, and all a little different.

Bobby: Yeay, I'm a rock star!

Jerry: Why the F did I let you talk me into this, Weir?

Brent: Please don't show my face.

Phil: I'm in a musical video. How interesting! I calculated a 0.002935% chance of this occurring.

Mickey and Billy: Woooooooooooo! We're Hiiiiiiigh as kites!
 #85753  by 1960strat

+1 Rusty...

I thought Phil was a no show till half way through. And yeah, Jer is like F this... Oh and is that a chic or a dude who grabs phil to make out with him.... Dont think it is his wife.
 #85767  by jeffm725

yeha, the tried for another video after the success of the touch vid. I remember the day this premiered on MTV and then never saw it again!
 #85768  by mttourpro

I remember when that came out.....what a howl.....I think the same year (1987), at a NYE show they put out on video, there was a segment where they let fans ask the band questions----that's when some cowboy-hat-wearing spunion asked the infamous "who are the GD and why do they follow me every where I go?" which is where the bumper sticker came from...anyway, someone else asked Bob about the Duck to which Bob said something like "what goes on between me and the Duck is between us"......there's also a question about "who's in charge of Jerry's wardrobe?" Weir's answer is hilarious as he says something about how since they all got "sick and tired of Jerry's Aztec Sun-God outfit", the decided to go with the black T-Shirt, pants and shoes. There's a bunch of other funny shit on it too like Cooking with Jerry and Mickey as Spock giving Billy a Mind-Meld--It's worth checking out and I think it's actually available right here...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1146717
 #85778  by strumminsix

RiverRat wrote: It's seems silly now. In the context of what was popular and airing at that time, it fit in perfectly with what was happening on MTV.

Perfect.
 #85780  by Rusty the Scoob

mttourpro wrote:I remember when that came out.....what a howl.....I think the same year (1987), at a NYE show they put out on video, there was a segment where they let fans ask the band questions----that's when some cowboy-hat-wearing spunion asked the infamous "who are the GD and why do they follow me every where I go?" which is where the bumper sticker came from...anyway, someone else asked Bob about the Duck to which Bob said something like "what goes on between me and the Duck is between us"......there's also a question about "who's in charge of Jerry's wardrobe?" Weir's answer is hilarious as he says something about how since they all got "sick and tired of Jerry's Aztec Sun-God outfit", the decided to go with the black T-Shirt, pants and shoes. There's a bunch of other funny shit on it too like Cooking with Jerry and Mickey as Spock giving Billy a Mind-Meld--It's worth checking out and I think it's actually available right here...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1146717
I love that video. Had it on VHS years ago.

"Father... when do I get my car?" :lol: