#30001  by Billbbill

This thread has a bunch of tab for this - I'm assuming my tab is pretty close to the vid

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.php?t=144

#30004  by Billbbill

spacehead333 wrote:man you play that smooth as butter
Thanks. Still a little flat here and there with the vocals. I'm hopin all this video-ing will help me with that.

#30036  by GratefulPat

very nice once again bill. love the videos they are excellent... how/what do i need to post videos or just audio, since i have no webcam..... so the question i guess is how can i post audio i record... i have lots of hours on a older video camera, but that is prob no help. so bill, or anyone help me! i want to post stuff so i can get some critiquing

#30041  by frankielee

MORE Bill MORE!!..Way :cool: ...Always has been one of my favorite tunes...sounds sweeet on your acoustic!

#30062  by 1960strat

Sweet stuff Bill. I love the way you "go chordal" in the solo, i really need to learn how to do that. any pointers?

#30179  by CaptainTrips

Wow, Ive never been too familiar with this song but your video just prompted me to do about a two hour jam in and around Gomorrah. Sweet.

Gomorrah>I Want You>Gomorrah>I Want You>Bertha>Touch Tease

:P

#30186  by BuddhaG

gotta give ya props for the vid man. you play this song so smoothly! i think you have a good voice, it sounds much better when you belt it out than when you are self-concious! jerry was not a great singer but man did he hit some intense emotional highs when he just belted it out.

great job on the solo as well, i've been working on soloing by playing through chord tones as you are doing. you have to hear the chord progression in your head and play over that. of course this just shows your skill level, i find it easier to improvise when there is chordal backing but hey YOU GOT IT DOWN!

#30201  by Billbbill

Thanks for all the responses guys.
GratefulPat wrote:very nice once again bill. love the videos they are excellent... how/what do i need to post videos or just audio, since i have no webcam..... so the question i guess is how can i post audio i record... i have lots of hours on a older video camera, but that is prob no help. so bill, or anyone help me! i want to post stuff so i can get some critiquing
Not my strong suit gp. The first issue is to get it onto your pc. Check with a local computer store or maybe the manufacturer of the camera. Maybe just pick up another camera? Then format it and upload to a hosting site of some sort like my space or you tube and link it here.

Go one step at a time for now. Get set up to record to your pc.
1960strat wrote:I love the way you "go chordal" in the solo, i really need to learn how to do that. any pointers?
I'm not sure which part you're talking about David, maybe the Bb-F-C-G the 2nd time around? Anyway the key with incorporating chords in the lead is to maintain a melodic flow. Sometimes easier said than done. You can get a decent amount of milage by just strumming out different portions of one full 6 string chord figure and it'll start to get you familiar with tonal qualities of chords and from there you'll be better situated to string chord structures together. Need not be more than 2 notes for each structure.

Thanks frankielee - Glad you like & I hope this stuff helps as well

Glad to turn you on to something you might have passed on by cap!
BuddhaG wrote:gotta give ya props for the vid man. you play this song so smoothly! i think you have a good voice, it sounds much better when you belt it out than when you are self-concious! jerry was not a great singer but man did he hit some intense emotional highs when he just belted it out.

great job on the solo as well, i've been working on soloing by playing through chord tones as you are doing. you have to hear the chord progression in your head and play over that. of course this just shows your skill level, i find it easier to improvise when there is chordal backing but hey YOU GOT IT DOWN!
Thanks Sidhartha 8)

Yea it definitely is better when I belt it out. I just tend to trail off a little bit here and there. I don't think it's self consciousness, I just think I'm not a natural vocalist. It takes more work for me.

You are sooooo right that you have to 'hear' those chord tonal changes while playing solo lead. It's not enough just to have the timing of the changes down (for me anyway!), I have to kinda switch gears in my scale sensibilities if I have any intention of adding notes outside of a basic pentatonic scale while playing over a chord. It's hard to verbalize. When in doubt stay close to the chord tones (notes) and stray to tangent lead lines as you feel it. I also think it's important to always stay a step ahead of the changes as it adds color and cohesiveness - to snatch the sentiment of my 'post quote' when you get there (the next chord) it's sounds like it's where you expected to be.

I've been messing with mission in the rain lately. Now there go some changes to keep track of!

#30210  by 1960strat

Cool, Mission is one of my favorite JGB tunes, cant wait for the vid.

#30211  by CaptainTrips

Ditto with Mission. Epic, epic tune. My favorite line ever in a dead song is, "There's some satisfaction in the San Francisco rain"

#30217  by 1960strat

Mine are:

1) "10 years ago i walked these streets, my dreams were riding tall, tonight i would be thankful for any dream at all"

2) "Some folks would be happy, just to have one dream come true. But anything you gather is just more that you can lose"

Powerful stuff.. Hunter is truely genius.