#37308  by Billbbill

I've been wanting to give this a go for a while - complete w/ the usual occasionally pitchy vocals and tempo issues - (tempo - see solo) 8)

ftr here are the positions I'm doing over the G-C part

----G--G/F#-G/E--G/D-C--G/B--Am--G

e|--3---3----3----3---0---3---0---
B|--3---3----3----3---1---0---1---
G|--4---4----0----0---0---0---2---
D|--5---4----2----0---2---0---2---
A|--5-----------------3---2---0---
E|-------------------------------3-

I may not be naming the shapes properly - but if you know me, you probably already know that.

Scale wise I play the notes for G ionian mostly although mixolydian sometimes - I like experimenting with that subtle difference - then the corresponding modes for G ionian for C, D and Am.

#37312  by Tennessee Jedi

Cool Bill!
Any chance you feel like tabbing out that riff that goes from the D ---> back to the Verse?
I wish I had a voice as good as you-dont be so hard on yer self!
Hey check out the Friend from 6/20/80 Alaska if ya get the chance-its sweet!
Thanks man! :cool:

#37313  by Tennessee Jedi

Chi-Chino is a suburb in Chicago. :shock:
Or the guy who invented Chia pets. :shock:
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

#37316  by Billbbill

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Cool Bill!
Any chance you feel like tabbing out that riff that goes from the D ---> back to the Verse?
No prob - some semblance thereof anyway - soon

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I wish I had a voice as good as you-dont be so hard on yer self!
Thanks man! :cool:
You got any more of what you've evidently been dippin into for me? :-) Seriously, thanks.

#37319  by Tennessee Jedi

Dude- I always try to sing-and its flat out bad-B-A-D.No amount of "Dipping" is gonna change that!
Hey worked thru yer West LA vid the other day-what a great tune.Thanks again....
Hey -we owe you a few beers-maybe you can take me to the Eagles-Giants game next year at Giant Stadium and we can drink up a storm! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#37320  by ronster

Great job Bill. The voice works well on this tune. Outside the tempo issue, the lead is most excellent. Hard to do without any backing, I think if you had a band behind you and an electric it would be over the top.

#37384  by Billbbill

The little lick from the D -> the G to begin the verse is D maj pentatonic. Here's the notes (not a transcription)

(/) Slide Up () Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|-----------------------------
B|-----------------------3-----
G|-----------------2--4--------
D|--------0--2--4--------------
A|--0--2-----------------------
E|-----------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

the two note deal at the end is this

(/) Slide Up () Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|--------------
B|--3--5--6--7--
G|--------------
D|--4--5--6--7--
A|--------------
E|--------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

w/ slide up's and offset picking as desired

#37385  by Billbbill

ronster wrote:Great job Bill. The voice works well on this tune. Outside the tempo issue, the lead is most excellent. Hard to do without any backing, I think if you had a band behind you and an electric it would be over the top.
Thanks ronster

Not to hijack my own thread but what the hell is up with the freakin blueshirts? So inconsistent yet they're still in the thick of it. They're pushing me to an all time record for screaming at the tv.

#37386  by Tennessee Jedi

Thanks Bill for the riff-cant wait to try it out.
The Rangers @ 1 pm today.
Fly guys!
Prepare to abuse your tv some more!

:cool:

#37394  by Billbbill

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Thanks Bill for the riff-cant wait to try it out.
The Rangers @ 1 pm today.
Fly guys!
Prepare to abuse your tv some more!

OK TJ - but it's the scale and not an actual one of the fills. if you d need that I'll do it - let me know.

The rangers have lost 2 or 3 in a row so maybe it's time for them to get their shit together - until they lose it again.

#37396  by Tennessee Jedi

Hey cool with the riffs-I'll work something out.I love the riff live and electric-it leads back to the verse and is sweet;ya gotta put some notes there or it aint like Jerry.
Aint Hockey the best?
Rangers vs. Flyers is a great rivalry..
You guys beat us decent last week-maybe its payback time!
Have a nice weekend Bill-I'm heading home to catch the game-working sat blows my man.

#37404  by Billbbill

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Hey cool with the riffs-I'll work something out.I love the riff live and electric-it leads back to the verse and is sweet;ya gotta put some notes there or it aint like Jerry.
Aint Hockey the best?
Rangers vs. Flyers is a great rivalry..
You guys beat us decent last week-maybe its payback time!
Have a nice weekend Bill-I'm heading home to catch the game-working sat blows my man.
Def an excellent rivalry - not to rub it in but the wifey and I will be watching on the xmas present we bought for ourselves - a 47" hdlcd - nothing like hockey in hd! That's probably a biased opinion! The wife is a bigger blueshirt fan than me!

A little story on topic:

My bro in law works w/Wacovia so a few years ago we all (wives included) head to philly for an overnighter and to catch the game in a wacovia lux box. I say "a" box because I'm assuming they got more than one - wacovia center and all - and quite a spread it was! Only problem was we got our butts handed to us like 6-0 or 6-1. We left with my bro in law chanting "1975" or whatever the last fly guys cup year was. Almost got in a brawl or two.
 #37415  by bucketorain

Billbbill wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93FWNDj_SmA[/youtube]

I've been wanting to give this a go for a while - complete w/ the usual occasionally pitchy vocals and tempo issues - (tempo - see solo) :-)
NICE JOB AGAIN BILL. Every time you do a video I am always inspired to pick the guitar up and play more than I do.

In regards to your signing, well, Jerry didn't get really good till 89', IMHO, so, maybe we all have a few years to improve....I still think you do a good job on the vocals....it's funny some songs i think i sound good on and some I just butcher but as my wife says i should stick to guitar only.
 #37463  by BlobWeird

bucketorain wrote:In regards to your signing, well, Jerry didn't get really good till 89', IMHO, so, maybe we all have a few years to improve....I still think you do a good job on the vocals....it's funny some songs i think i sound good on and some I just butcher but as my wife says i should stick to guitar only.
You're serious? Jerry's singing was best in like 77-80 JGB. But also listen to some old Comes A Times or China Doll or maybe Tomorrow is Forever from Dead Movie and tell me Jerry's singing wasnt good then.