#12118  by bkdub

Hi can anyone diagram/write out the stum pattern for franklins for me (i'm a new guitar palyer)

best format would be: down up down up down up kind of thing on the right chords

Thx in advance!

#12119  by bobbybobbob

i find strum patterns to be pointless,

jsut listen to a recording and play along, it will come to you

#12121  by strumminsix

Count it out to be two cycles of 8L
A for 1,2,3,4,5,6 then G for 7,8 then
D for A for 1,2,3,4,5,6 then G for 7.8

Repeat.

#12122  by hobbsy

D=down
U=up

A AA AA GGGDD DD GG
D UD UD UDDUD UD UD

That's the best I can do for you. The best thing for you to do is probably take that guy's advice from the previous post and just listen real hard. You'll get it. It's also much easier to play using power chords.
 #12124  by bkdub

Thanks all, excatly what i was lookin for

#12468  by jck_strw

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this. I did a quickie video to show the strum pattern in Franklin's. Check it out here:

http://www.bickslicks.com/franklins/jckstrw

I do it once normal speed and then I slow it down.

#12471  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

J Straw, nice Fur Peace shirt there btw. I was there a couple of times, Jorma class both though the second time I went there my buddy was talking Merl Saunders' keys class and I hung out there most of the time as the guitar entity for that class. Jorma didn't seem to mind. Merl was the man and he and I jammed Keepers a few times. We played Struggling Man together for the performance day and that was also a highlight for me. It wasn't soon after when he ahd his stroke. He was one of the nicest and chillest guys I have ever met. When were u there?

#12475  by jck_strw

I was there twice. Once in...lessee...2005? November '05 and then again in May of '06. First time was finger-picking with Jorma, the second was finger-picking with Happy Traum. Both time were fantastic, although I'm a huge Jorma fan and hanging out with him in his A-frame studio and listening to stories, licks, etc. was not to be topped.

It's expensive to go to Fur Peace Ranch, but worth every penny. Highly recommended.
 #12476  by bkdub

thanks a ton for the video very helpful!

#12479  by b weird

Hey Jck_Strw I couldn't help but notice your guitar, it looks and sounds nice. What kind do you have?

#12497  by amyjared

Thanks for the vid, Jck_strw. What with the moving, I can't believe you found the time! I usually play the progression on the electric and it sounds rather good in these positions:

A - 12th position

G - 10th Position

D - 10th Position

Someone told me this song was Jerry's answer to listening to Lou Reed's song Walk on the Wild Side. Not sure if it's true, but I like the story.

#12498  by jck_strw

b weird wrote:Hey Jck_Strw I couldn't help but notice your guitar, it looks and sounds nice. What kind do you have?
b

It's a Norman, acoustic/electric with cutaway. I bought it on Elderly for $400 including hard shell case. Helluva deal and the guitar does play very nice.

#12505  by jck_strw

amyjared wrote:Thanks for the vid, Jck_strw. What with the moving, I can't believe you found the time!
Tell me about it. Not only am I moving in 3 days, but I have some sort of virus/bug that's kept me puking for the past day. Makes for a great start to a 1600 mile cross-country trip. :)

#12507  by lovingweir

thanks so so much for that video. thats exactly the kind of help i need. if you or anyone else has videos of that nature let me know
peace always

#27045  by JackORoses

thank you so much for that video it helped a ton