#55865  by Billbbill

Figured I'd post this dry run - for the heck of it. Planning on eventually doing it electric with a full rhythm track. Thought this was decent enough to put up for now - I'm lazy. Usual tempo fluctuations and still working on the vocals - especially the chorus.
 #56005  by Billbbill

Even though no ones askin' (tehe) I copied and I'll paste below a post of mine in a different eyes thread about a year or so ago

"I play E Ionian over the Emaj7 with smatterings of E Pentatonic.

B Dorian (same notes as E Mixolydian) over the Bm with smatterings of Bm Pentatonic.

A chord tones at the end of the Bm when it suits me."

I'd also add that I slip into B maj pentatonic while over the Emaj7 at times. Works well due to the Eb tone in the B pent scale that is also a chord tone in the Emaj7. It's kinda fun to bounce between the B minor Pent over the Bm and Bmaj Pent over the Emaj7. I think it gives the lead a little bit of a early 70's flavor, no?

The E maj Pent scale works as well over the Emaj7 but you really can't resolve very comfortably to the E. I find myself slipping to the Eb or relying on the Ab or B notes for resolution.

Anyway - play-on!
 #57186  by Billbbill

I slipped this in only once and at 4:02 intending on posting tab of my take on Bobby's lick here...and forgot about it - so here it is - although no one asked for it. 8)

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|-----------------------
B|----------------
G|-----------9--8--6-------
D|-----6--9------------9--
A|--7--------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

As corrected by chuckles below
 #67508  by NashvilleMike

Bill since nobody asked I will say it. Despite your band naming problems this is an excellent video and instruction on a song that I have always had a hard time remaining melodic with. Thanks for sharing.
 #67511  by Billbbill

NashvilleMike wrote:Bill since nobody asked I will say it. Despite your band naming problems this is an excellent video and instruction on a song that I have always had a hard time remaining melodic with. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Mike - Yea there wasn't much interest in yakkin about this - 'tis cool though - if you have any questions beyond what I laid out above let me know.
 #67518  by NashvilleMike

It surprises me that there is not more talk about "Eyes". It has been one of my favs forever but like I said it has always been hard for me to not get into noodleville with this one. I feel like I am getting to a breakthrough point and watching your video carefully has helped/
 #67519  by Billbbill

Glad you're making headway - and that I've been able to help. I'd add that there are about 20 or so threads on eyes and a bunch have some good info. Just not much discussion here. Check out (if you haven't already) the rest of the threads here :smile:

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=73
 #67538  by Chuckles

Billbbill wrote:I slipped this in only once and at 4:02 intending on posting tab of my take on Bobby's lick here...and forgot about it - so here it is - although no one asked for it. 8)

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

B|-----------9--8--6-----
G|--------------------9--
D|-----6--9--------------
Should be this, no?

B|-------------------------
G|-----------9--8--6------
D|-----6--9-------------9-

I, too, am most grateful for all your vids!
:smile:
 #67539  by Billbbill

Chuckles wrote:
Billbbill wrote:I slipped this in only once and at 4:02 intending on posting tab of my take on Bobby's lick here...and forgot about it - so here it is - although no one asked for it. 8)

B|-----------9--8--6-----
G|--------------------9--
D|-----6--9--------------
Should be this, no?

B|-------------------------
G|-----------9--8--6------
D|-----6--9-------------9-

I, too, am most grateful for all your vids!
:smile:
Doh! Yep, nice catch chuck - and thanks. The old wrong line tab trick!

At least somebody's paying attention! :P

I shoulda tried to play if off - "finally somebody caught my intentional gaff!" :roll:
 #67548  by Chuckles

Billbbill wrote: Doh! Yep, nice catch chuck - and thanks. The old wrong line tab trick!

At least somebody's paying attention! :P

I shoulda tried to play if off - "finally somebody caught my intentional gaff!" :roll:
Timing's everything... I'd been trying to get that riff down for a few days when it popped up again today. I learned it the way you wrote it... swore it sounded strange, but chalked it up to one of Bobby's more esoteric moments and thought "well, maybe it fits somehow???. Then, watched your vid again... :-)
 #93526  by gdrfk1990

Wow Bill that's funny I think about it totally different I usually think E major for the Emaj7 then E Mixolydian for the B minor which is the same seven notes but I like to rub the flat 7 of E to draw contrast between the major 7 and the the flat 7 though I do like to toss in the B minor arpeggio