#1816  by settledowneasy91

I was thumbing through the phish companion guide at barnes and noble and i found a little tidbit of trivia i thought someone might find interesting. It was talking about how phish covered eyes once and gave the song a bio and such and said it never left the deads repretoire for more than 16 shows! I knew they played it alot what with all the recordings but that came somewhat as a shocker. Anyone else know dead songs like that, i think they played me and my uncle like 500 somehting times but are there any others like that?

#2970  by tigerstrat

Lots! I couldn't cite specific stats, but- Playin In The Band? The Other One? Stella? just for starters... there are probably dozens of songs with similar frequency.

#2974  by jck_strw

Drumz is the most played Dead song. Between 66-95, they played it over 1400 times.

Besides Drumz though (which really wasn't a "song" per se in the classical sense), the most played song was Me & My Uncle, played a whopping 613 times. Here's the "top 6" (minus Drumz) as it were:

613 - Me & My Uncle
596 - Sugar Magnolia
586 - The Other One
581 - Playin' In The Band
552 - China Cat Sunflower
549 - I Know You Rider

I'm amazed that Bobby could sing M&MU that many times. I mean it's a good song and all, but after two or three hundred, I don't know how he did it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add--this is all straight from the bible, DeadBase X.