#24925  by smile_smile_smile

I've heard this effect other times but i love it particularly with this version of eyes, does anyone know what that effect is called? midi?....it comes in pretty late in the song, you'll know when you hear it it's a very unique sound(sorry i can't give a time). It is a very interesting sound and I'm interested in how i could get a sound like that.

#24935  by shakedown_04092

Ahhh....such an incredible show. I've listened to that Eyes so many times I think I can recite (or hum, anyways) Branford's parts all the way through.

I believe it is a MIDI, and it comes in during the 2nd solo (after the 2nd verse), and then he switches to another effect, not sure if that one is MIDI or not. The one you speak of sounds like one of those African wind chimes or something; something "horny" anyways....:lol:

#24940  by AugustWest

In best bevis and butthead voice "heh heh heh he said horny."

#24963  by smile_smile_smile

yea it sounds like this effect on my keyboards called breathe noise, and it sounds sweet, and at that moment in the song it is just incredible, i love it

#24969  by BayAreaBB

These MIDI sounds are easily achievable through Roldand MIDI units. I have a GR1 and it is very do-able. I feel Without a Net is a very underrated album for late-era Dead.

#24986  by smile_smile_smile

cool thanks dude....i was also looking at the alesis midiverb, thats what jerry used?, does anyone know anything about the midiverb?...and yes without a net is pretty sweet.