#106652  by vwjodyme

I subscribe to this guy on youtube and he finally put up some dead stuff yesterday. There are 2 parts to the Soloing Modes one.

#106679  by 600lbsofSin

I like Marty's style of teaching. It moves slowly enough without getting boring.

I've been a little intimidated by EOTW in the past, but now Im ready to get back on that horse.
 #106690  by martyfs74

hey y'all, it's me, marty!!! you guys, I can't tell you how much jerry has influenced me as a guitarist. it's crazy because I've really paid more attention to what the demand is out there for guitar lessons as opposed to teaching exactly what I want. hopefully you dig the lesson because it's definitely more personal for me when I do a lesson like this. thx again for even paying attention. talk soon, marty!!!!
 #106721  by NWPines

martyfs74 wrote:hey y'all, it's me, marty!!! you guys, I can't tell you how much jerry has influenced me as a guitarist. it's crazy because I've really paid more attention to what the demand is out there for guitar lessons as opposed to teaching exactly what I want. hopefully you dig the lesson because it's definitely more personal for me when I do a lesson like this. thx again for even paying attention. talk soon, marty!!!!
Marty, great to see you on here! Hope you stick around, I think you'll be blown away by the level of knowledge and expertise on this board, both in terms of musicianship as well as equipment. Just gotta poke around.

I want to say a huge thank you for all the lessons you've posted on the tube. I'm an intermediate guitarist at best, but you've helped me tremendously over the last couple years. I find your lessons extrememly approachable and fun, not always an easy feat. I spent about 6 years in San Diego before moving up to Oregon, wish I had known of you back then, would love to have bought you a beer and shot the shit.
 #106734  by rugger

Sweet! Marty!

Love this guy! His lessons are generally too slow for me, but he does an excellent job and I always get some tasty stuff (plus a few laughs). He's definitely one of the best at what he does.

Welcome.

John in San Diego
 #106803  by oconnors_35

Hey Marty,

Great to see you on here! I've been watching your videos since you started and have even bought a couple.
The Eyes Of the World videos really helped me..... would love to see you do more Dead.

Later,
SeanO
 #106816  by vwjodyme

Very cool Marty! Love your stuff! Always find some tunes to learn!
I knew you were a fan by some of the stuff you played...very Jerry influenced.
Seriously poke around, you will find tons of useful info on gear to theory for the couch rocker(like myself) to the big stage pro...even the guys that build the replica guitars, amps, electronics, cabs and everything else contribute here.
 #107434  by WildEye

How about the music never stopped? or on the other side I'd like to get ur take on Stella Blue.

Been checking out your vid and playing with them - Keep on....
 #107440  by vwjodyme

I wouldn't mind a lesson on any of the acoustic stuff from the Oregon State Prison show: Valerie, I've been all around this world, Reuben & Cherise, Run for the roses, etc...
:smile: