#26420  by Laytonco

You're probably asking about lead and I bet delay sounds just fine. You might want to throw in some envelope filter (Mutron/QTron) on one of the solos and see how you like that. I play Bob's part and it's just than damned slide with some stereo chorus!

Peace,

Gil

#26423  by myoung6923

I keep it pretty much clean with just some delay. Jerry's amp was often just at the point of where it would start to break up if he hit it a little harder - so, even on some clean types of sounds he would still get a little ziz (for lack of a better word). Maybe that's the type of sound that you're thinking of.

#26432  by Tennessee Jedi

Try some chorus/uni-vibe/phaser sounds.Like the solo from "Candyman".For a lot of the "clean" solos,I might go to 1 of my BluesDriver pedals I keep set on more of a boost type thing.Not distortion.Just to give a certain percussion-y boost thing I like.Try switching thru your pick-ups during a solo.Jerry had a ton of sounds with his guitars pick-ups.Keep rockin'...

#26500  by High Peaks

I think your right myoung. It just breaks up a tiny bit, thanks. Its funny how much the sheer volume shaped his tone. I know about the fender- jbl- dimarzio setup, but it really hits the sound only at the loud volumes.

Just my .02

#26503  by myoung6923

High Peaks wrote:I think your right myoung. It just breaks up a tiny bit, thanks. Its funny how much the sheer volume shaped his tone. I know about the fender- jbl- dimarzio setup, but it really hits the sound only at the loud volumes.

Just my .02
I agree 100%