#8087  by Billbbill

Here's the tab I posted quite a while back that goes w/the vid. Thanks for the help Jack and Gregg and all you do behind (and ifo) the scenes. Looks good.

------------Bm--------------A-------------E----------A
e-----------------------------------------------------
b------------------3--------2--3--2------------------2
g----------------------4----2--2--2--0h1------1-1----2
d---------------4--------4----------------2---2-2----2
a-----0--1--2-------2-------0-----0------------------0
e--4----------------------------------------0-----0---

------------Bm--------------A-------------E--------------------
e----------------------------------------------------------------
b------------------3--------2--3--2------------------------------
g----------------------4----2--2--2--0h1------1--2--0h1------1
d---------------4--------4----------------2---2--2------2----2
a-----0--1--2-------2-------0-----0-----------------------------
e--4----------------------------------------0----0---------0

I play the E and A strings with the flat pick and the B with the ring finger and the G and D with the middle finger.

There are some subtle nuances to this lick that are picked up more easily if you get in tune with a live version and play along. For instance between the E and A chord of the first half of the phase, the 1 on the G and 2 on the D just before the A chord are hit on the downstroke with the middle and ring finger and immediately stopped and hit again on the upstroke just before hitting the A chord.

I play a little bass line that you can hear Jerry play. I have heard versions with alternating bass i.e. B & F# over the Bm and A & E over the A although I am more partial to the above.

Of course as is usually the case Jerry evolved and the lick morphed in subtle ways. The above is a basic starting point from which to begin.

#8089  by caspersvapors

awesome dude I love you! thanks for fulfilling my request!

#28294  by Rev_Roach

Not sure if this is the place, but theres no guitar tab posted for Althea (though simple chords and lyrics along with Billbbill's intro would certainly suffice and I can provide chords and lyrics if desired, just let me know) Also, the forum discussion link does not link to this forum, but the "request a forum" page. Just thought it was worth pointing out, especially since back when there used to be the "most popular tabs" list i think Althea was #1.

#28305  by Billbbill

The "tabs" link at the top of the page rather than in the left column margin seems to work better. Click it and then the ? mark for the forums and click the name of the tune for the tab/chords/lyrics.

I noticed the problems with the left column links as well.

#28306  by Rev_Roach

yep that does it. thanks bill!