isn't there a lick after the F?

---B--Ab-A-Gb------[F(8X)]

E--11--8-9--6-6-6--5-5-5--- maybe -8/10-8-
B--10--7-8--5-5-5--4-4-4---
G--11--8-9--6-6-6--5-5-5---

e--8/10-8- or it sounds more like that
B--8/10-8-
G--8/10-8-

i hope everyone can understand this, play lick after F, sounds like a combo of that a some other licks, i can't figure out

the progressions sound right but when i listen to it, they seem to be sliding into the last chord or something.

#32864  by old man down

Hmmm, Sept. 03,2006 to Dec. 14, 2007.

I get the feeling that the video isn't gonna happen.

Still, I remember them doing the walkdown, hearing it in person, and being completely blown away by it.

But Weir's chords were 4 fingers, like the Mel Bay chord for the dom 7. (a weird inversion 7th)

#32888  by Billbbill

Yea - I'd kinda forgotten about this one. I'll get at it. To some of the chatter - I too thought this was always a bit of a weird cover but as pointed out it always comes down to the performance. And the post late 70's (or there abouts) versions can't hold a candle to the earlier jams. Maybe I'll play around with my emma discombobulator on this! Woohoo!

#32894  by CaptainTrips

I always liked the jams more than the song, but its some great vamping.

#32895  by CaptainTrips

old man down wrote:Hmmm, Sept. 03,2006 to Dec. 14, 2007.

I get the feeling that the video isn't gonna happen.

Still, I remember them doing the walkdown, hearing it in person, and being completely blown away by it.

But Weir's chords were 4 fingers, like the Mel Bay chord for the dom 7. (a weird inversion 7th)
Yeah I got a Mel Bay chord book thats pretty awesome, "Chords Galore" by Jack Peterson and it has some awesome voicings and tons of inversions and substitutions.

#32911  by old man down

Thinking about it a little more, it makes sense that it would be a diminished chord, which is very similar to a seventh chord. The reason I think this is because the diminished chord repeats its cycle every four frets, and they're sort of doing a four fret cycle here.

Also, the whole idea of the walkdown followed by the bounce back up was to make things like controlled kaos, over and over, so that you were literally going nuts with the shear overload of dissonance, yet with the whole band in unison, the overall effect was mind-blowing expansion.

#32950  by Billbbill

old man down wrote:Thinking about it a little more, it makes sense that it would be a diminished chord, which is very similar to a seventh chord. The reason I think this is because the diminished chord repeats its cycle every four frets, and they're sort of doing a four fret cycle here.

Also, the whole idea of the walkdown followed by the bounce back up was to make things like controlled kaos, over and over, so that you were literally going nuts with the shear overload of dissonance, yet with the whole band in unison, the overall effect was mind-blowing expansion.
They seem to work - so do 7/9 chords.

#33012  by astroman99

old man down wrote: Also, the whole idea of the walkdown followed by the bounce back up was to make things like controlled kaos, over and over, so that you were literally going nuts with the shear overload of dissonance, yet with the whole band in unison, the overall effect was mind-blowing expansion.
Yeah, that just about sums it up, goodbye mind!!! :smile: :smile: