#53445  by tigerstrat

bucketorain wrote:
Emoto wrote:
bucketorain wrote:i was tinkering with this and from Ab I then played Abm, sounded ok, and was easier than going to Ao7
Did you try the fingering I posted above?
I sure did, I feel the Abm sounds smoother, but your tab helps for sure.
So you are saying that, besides being iyho easier to play, the Ab in this chord with is also iyo correct, not the A natural?
 #53515  by bucketorain

"So you are saying that, besides being iyho easier to play, the Ab in this chord with is also iyo correct, not the A natural?"

Ab to Ao7 is what it is tab out to be but I think Ab to Abm sounds better, not just easier...and not sure it it is any more correct....

What song was this again? Oh.... :?
 #53520  by tigerstrat

bucketorain wrote:"So you are saying that, besides being iyho easier to play, the Ab in this chord with is also iyo correct, not the A natural?"

Ab to Ao7 is what it is tab out to be but I think Ab to Abm sounds better, not just easier...and not sure it it is any more correct....

What song was this again? Oh.... :?
LOL! nevermind.
 #126093  by Tennessee Jedi

would love to see more of this well traveled vid ....
:-)
 #126095  by Jimaroe

Love this video. I asked/begged/suggested Seth from Grateful Guitar Lessons to please consider doing a Crazy Fingers, finger pickin' lesson at some point based loosely off of this video. Wouldn't that be sweet?
 #126096  by Lephty

Amazing how those bass notes that he's playing with his thumb are popping out, even when he's just sitting backstage, presumably on some kind of practice amp or small combo amp.
 #166920  by mandobassdude

Hello... I play mostly mandola but I think I have clue on this... I've noticed that Jerry liked to play his barre chords with his thumb on the tonic. If you play an Ab7 that way, you can just slide your thumb up one fret and playing the four bass strings will give you A, Eb, F#, and C - an Ao7.