#142013  by flyingheelhook

http://www.audiocage.com/
Damascus, MD

Some of you already know of Pete (Jon S. for instance). I just wanted to give him a shout out for, well being pretty damn awesome. Last year he did some work on my '75 Twin Reverb so the other day when I picked up a used Blues Deluxe Reissue with 30 days to have it checked out or return with full money back, I reached out to Pete on pretty much short notice. He fit me in an already booked Saturday, took over a half hour out to open her up, check everything out, tighten a few loose screws, clean and replace a lightbulb, test the power supply etc.

And he didn't charge me a cent. I had to beg him to take $5 for the light bulb.

The man has ethics and does really good work. I highly recommend him if you have the opportunity.
 #142015  by Jon S.

Pete Cage has been my amp tech for at least a decade. I'll be brief - he's the best. I'm looking forward to my next visit a week from Sat. when Pete will swap out the stock 120pf bright caps on my FYD and SMS preamps for 68pf caps. I consider myself fortunate indeed to have Pete within driving distance of me in Northern Virginia. As one of many examples of Pete's work for me, I was dissatisfied with my Fender Blues Deluxe on many levels. For a reasonable fee, Pete rebuilt it into a new amp, specially customized for me, with preamp and power amp sections based, with mods, on the tweed bassman and brownface amps preamp and power amp sections, respectively. He also built in a proprietary master volume circuit of his own design configured to match the amp's "sweet spots" output that is more useful to me than any I've had before on other amps. I could go on and on but will stop here to return to my day job!

#142021  by aiq

I too will sing the praises of Pete.

He did the Meyers Mod on my Custom Vibrolux Reverb, excellent results at a fair price.

He rehabbed the '67 Vibrolux I got cheap because it was "rode hard and put up wet". Perfect, best amp I ever had after he finished.

If he says a couple of weeks, he means a couple of weeks.

I am sad that I now live 1000 miles away.

He also has a pretty good Beatles tribute band. He's George.