#14931  by JONZILLA

Anybody ever fooled around with one of these. Carvin sells the strat-style kit for about $350. I've thought about building one in my spare time (also looks like a child could complete one). Just wanting to hear of the quality of these things.

#14942  by Pigpen

it looks pretty cool, i wanna start out with that before i build my own

#15023  by gr8fulbluz

I have been looking at a kit for a while. My big hold up is I dont have a place to do fine sanding or finishing. I want it with locking tuners and birdeye fretboard for sure.
The Carvin site has a forum on bolt kits
here
the Carvin museum also has a builders forum with some info and helpful people.Here

good luck

#46013  by paulinnc

I was on the http://www.wdmusic.com site and they have a strat/tele kit generator it is pretty cool. You can also up grade some of the parts I think. But they start around 300$ but with certain finishes and pickguards/hardware etc. there are some additional charges. But over all they look pretty cool. I think their necks are a little expensive though.

Here is a link to the kit builder http://www.wdmusic.com/guitar_builder.htm

#46034  by bucketorain

I have been interested in building accoustic gutairs.

does anyone know of what tools etc. that I would need to get started? what would the intial investment be go get set up to start building?

Are there any resources out there that will provide this info?

#46047  by pappypgh

Bucketorain - go to www.customguitars.com and check out SB MacDonald's site. There is a blog page on there somewhere and he's got many photos of his equipment & tools. He is a MASTER luthier. He built my custom electric guitar (go to his gallery & click on "The Natural Wonder"). OR you can see it at www.theCAUSEjams.com/photos .

Pappy

:cool:

#46048  by hesgone95

Hey now...sorry to jack this thread, but paulinnc I see you're in Chapel Hill,NC. Is that anywhere near Charlotte? I ask because I'm moving there in September. If it's close, I'm always down to jam.