#155225  by milobender

kurt eye wrote:Incredible job as always!

I think there is a market for that bridge and tail piece for people looking to do hardtail strat builds. What is the string spacing?

As far as the bolt on neck debate, the modular nature of strats is really what endears me to them.
Thanks man, the string spacing is the same as a Fender Strat.

As far as the bridge and tail goes, I'd certainly be willing to make them for folks, but the price would be pretty high "o) It's all pretty much hand made. I've got a little mill, but no CNC or automated systems, so it's one at a time and all laid out/finished by hand.

I'd rather sell the whole guitar, and/or ones like it, as a 'model'... I'd like to hear how Swamp Ash compares to the Alder; and of course there are a tone of other wood possibilities... But this one really plays and sounds sweet. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #155238  by shadowboxer

milobender wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:Great looking guitar. And you build your own bridges? Are they a direct replacement for the harmonica bridges on most Tiger tributes?
No, not really, I don't build my own bridges as a rule. I mainly use Kluson Harmonica bridges. On this particular model I wanted to build my own to emulate Alligator's in a reasonable way.
I wouldn't really know what 'most' Tiger tributes uses "o)
Thanks, glad to get confirmation that the Kluson harmonica bridge is the go-to choice these days for that style.
 #155249  by tatittle

Wow your work looks like it is going from great to extraordinary to sublime. One of these days I'm gonna finally figure out exactly what I want in a dream guitar so I can afford to take the plunge on true artistry and craftsmanship like this.
Its gotta feel good to complete a project that turns out so well. Makes me think of philosophy and Creation and man's role as a re-creator.
 #155259  by milobender

tatittle wrote: One of these days I'm gonna finally figure out exactly what I want in a dream guitar so I can afford to take the plunge on true artistry and craftsmanship like this.
Its gotta feel good to complete a project that turns out so well.
You know I'm happy to make any concept real "o) It does feel good... but it's tough too... I want to keep all of them. I really want to keep this one, but I also want to keep going, and I need to let go to keep on :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #155278  by zambiland

milobender wrote:Image

If there is anyone in Northern Colorado, with a Jerry setup and likes the Alligator period, I'd sure love to have you give her a review.
I'm sure the Jerry guy in my band (Shakedown Street) would love to take it for a spin. He lives in Fort Collins. We'll be at Cervantes this Friday and then Be On Key's the following weekend. Maybe if you brought it down for one of those shows, we could get him to play it and I could record it and we could get a clip or two out there. Just a thought.
 #155285  by chinacatbundaberg

+1 Can’t remember how I found Brian’s site, probably stumbling around in RUkind. After picking my jaw off the floor I decided to sacrifice the Strat I’d been saving for, pack in ciggies (probably
a beneficial side effect) and put some real effort into saving. It’s taken about 18 months (so far) to put the cash together but I’m seriously chuffed that it’s coming together. An instrument of this quality is way above my playing ability but what the heck, you’re only getting older and if you don’t do it now maybe you never will. Part of the joy has been the anticipation. I spend my day driving which gives me plenty of time to look forward to the day of its arrival :)

Another ingredient is an understanding wife, bless her!