#146710  by asax

I'm no luthier this is my first attempt at anything more than a bookcase.
The link to the imgur gallery starts with pictures of the real rosebud followed by my progress so far.
I have glued up a hippie sandwich body and a neck blank. Still need to bevel the body, profile the neck, set frets and glue in fretboard,join the neck to the body and finish. The hippie sandwich laminations took a very long time. I do not own a planer jointer or drum sander.
I appreciate any advise yo guys have

link to imgur gallery:
http://imgur.com/gallery/PdINS
 #146715  by milobender

HA! Excellent! I would have done it differently, but what the hell... as long as it works... it looks like your craftmanship will win the day.

They say necessity is the mother of invention, but it's actually: DESIRE is the mother of invention. "o)

I like your home made tools. I have built some similar solutions in the past. I always thought Dr. Seuss would be proud of me, and I see he'd be proud of you too :smile: :smile: :smile:

The one thing I'd say is, I'd use a two way truss rod, great invention. That one may be, but it looks like it's just one way.
 #146718  by mgbills

Great stuff here.
I like the thicknessing sled & the truss rod bore jig. Good ideas I've just liberated from you :-)

Nice work. Can't wait to see the finished guitar.
Peace
M
 #146746  by ac4468

Nice work. My first build was a Wolf and for every hour spent working I spend an hour researching or making my own tools or jigs. Remember , instruments were made long before there was electricity or Stewmac! It's always great to see another builders solutions to building with a limited shop. Keep the pictures coming, looks great so far. As great as some of these replicas are these days, there's something special about playing something that you build yourself. Flaws and all!!
 #147749  by paulinnc

Wow!!! Looks great. I attempted a wolf awhile back and the more I got into it, the more I realized I was in way over my head. I ended up bringing all the materials and parts to a local luthier to finish. It turned out awesome and it is halfway paid off now.
 #147751  by paulinnc

Wow!!! Looks great. I attempted a wolf awhile back and the more I got into it, the more I realized I was in way over my head. I ended up bringing all the materials and parts to a local luthier to finish. It turned out awesome and it is halfway paid off now.