#142795  by milobender

I had to post this mod job on Joe's Stratocaster :-) This is the densest packing job I've done... it's got the full Garcia package, OBEL, Wald UGB (you can see the bottom of it, and J230 Blaster with gain control, N Coil/Series/S Coil selectors for each switch... Had to do a small amount of additional routing; and the battery is in a regular compartment on the back of the guitar. Works great :smile: :smile: :smile:

#142796  by chipperj

Wow, that looks great!
What are the values of those caps?
 #142802  by joethepainter

Hey Now Brian, I can't stop smilin'! :-) Looks fantastic, I can't wait to fire it up :cool:
 #142813  by tatittle

Wow getting all that wiring done is a monumental feat in itself...and within a standard Strat route, are you kidding me? Oh okay a bit extra route...that soldering takes discipline lol.
Looks great. ash body I am guessing.
 #142831  by Pfallon

Wow very neat looking! there are 2 switches for UGB and blaster is one for on off and the other for one or the other?
 #142835  by milobender

Wow very neat looking! there are 2 switches for UGB and blaster is one for on off and the other for one or the other?
Thanks for the kind words... it was a challenge and a good learning experience :smile: :smile: :smile:

The switch by the 5-way is Either UGB, OR Blaster ... and the switch on the jack plate is for Either blaster unity, OR in the forward position, adjustable gain using the knob. At unity, the blaster is pretty much like a different UGB, a bit different color, and very close to the Wald buffer volume wise. With the gain knob adjusted higher, the tonal quality is further changed, and the volume increases, so it's a pretty handy switch.
 #149084  by mgbills

Brian,
Is that a dual-ganged pot for the neck & bridge?

I'm just wondering whose pots those are. They are unlike any I've found.

Excellent work. Having done a couple handfuls of these, that is some respectable wire routing.

Peace
M
 #149086  by milobender

Is that a dual-ganged pot for the neck & bridge?

I'm just wondering whose pots those are. They are unlike any I've found
Yes it is, and I've been having a hard time finding decent ones... that one is a Bourns with a dpdt switch. I've been using the switch as a total active electronics bypass in case of battery failure, or any other catastrophic event "o) I get them from Mouser or Digi-key... I can't remember which off hand now.