#138992  by tatittle

Hey Now,
I am wondering if anybody knows where I can get replacement mounting screws for my DiMarzio humbuckers that are shorter than the stock screws. I think they may be "#4" size screws. I would like to mount Super 2's in a Fender Strat swimming pool route without routing out spots for the excess screw length (it has shielding now). I have tried the local hardware and even Home Depot, but it just seems impossible to get parts for anything these days--everything comes pre-packaged from China. :cry:
 #138993  by TI4-1009

Just cut or file the tips off and clean up the threads.

Google says 3-48 UNF. My Lowes has a board in the screws and bolts section with male and female pieces of all the different thread sizes mounted on it. You bring yours in and try them until you find the one that works.
 #138998  by tatittle

Thanks T. I will look for Lowe's, Im not sure if they're in the NYC area--I know Ive seen them around but I have traveled so much at this point I cant remember whats where :oops:

I thought about chopping the ends off; my tool kit consists of little more than a drill, circular saw, and some assorted screwdrivers and a Dremel I bought used lol. The Dremel should do it though. I hesitated for fear of wrecking the threads and then having nothing.
 #139004  by milobender

I almost always cut them off... and I always use the dremel with a cutoff wheel. Just cut and use a small/fine file afterward and it'll be fine. I cut them after they are through the pup bracket anyway. And, if you put a nut on there first, or do it through the bracket, when you remove the screw, or take the nut off, it cleans up the threads, providing there aren't any big bits left in them.
 #139024  by tatittle

Excellent. Well wishes for a full recovery/return to playing Leo.