#135079  by TeeJay

TeeJay!

Any video or sound clips yet? (*Please!)
I am working on it! The camcorder mic is terrible. After a couple of attempts I just gave up with that. Any ideas on on getting decent audio from a crappy camcorder?
 #135080  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Hmmmm....not unless you run audio into the camera.....only time I ever ran audio into a camera, was from a mixer....
 #135151  by TeeJay

Sounds beautiful man! Nice playing too!! (~):)
Thanks man. Have you got yours yet with the fantastic quilt top?
 #135223  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Soon!! He just put a few layers of veneer on the back of the headstock, so it's getting nitro'd and finished up, very soon….

Here's the latest pics I have from before the holidays…

Happy New Year!

-James
 #135233  by TeeJay

I really think that will be the best Post yet.
 #135247  by Searing75

Looks great! I wonder if he will do the actual style inlays on the neck if asked? I see he only does the dots. Anyone?
 #135251  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Searing75 wrote:Looks great! I wonder if he will do the actual style inlays on the neck if asked? I see he only does the dots. Anyone?
Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited. I'm sure he would do special inlays if I or someone asked. I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.
 #135253  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Searing75 wrote:Looks great! I wonder if he will do the actual style inlays on the neck if asked? I see he only does the dots. Anyone?
I just heard from Troy. He is sticking to dots for now, until he gets the proper equipment and comfort level/experience.
 #135254  by ebick

Dozin wrote:Anyone know anything about this guy and his craftsmanship?

http://www.postguitars.com/postguitars_005.htm
I know the OP is old, but having just taken a look, that's our very own BillbBill (Stella Blues Bland) there on the right when you click owners. You could certainly get a first hand review from him.
 #135266  by Billbbill

Here's my wolf inspired Post - had it for a bit more than 3 years and love it - probably the best review of it came from a Luthier in downtown Manhatten I brought it to for the once over - he was really impressed with the workmanship and playability of it (as am I) and when I told him the price he was even more impressed. You don't get a better compliment than from someone in ones own discipline. I originally went for it based on some good reviews on Troy himself and his work and his pricing was right for me as I couldn't swing some of the more expensive options that are out there.

A few pics and a clip