rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#160244  by Mithrandir
 Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a wolf replica. I just wanted to know which luthier you guys would suggest. I've heard super great things about moriarty (just looked at his website and it looks like he may be taking orders again). I've also heard great things about scarlet fire. I have two Jerry Replica's at the moment. One built from Resurrection Guitars, and one from Waldschmidt. I love them both, but for the money, they have too many errors and oddities (I know this is part of dealing with wood guitars). Point being, I want input on a quality builder who will produce an instrument made of the highest quality wood, with good intonation, and stable tuning ( I guess that goes without saying).

Mithrandir
 #160256  by playingdead
 Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:16 am
i have not seen one of Leo's instruments but have had a couple lefty Moriarty Wolfs (wolves) come through my shop, speaking as a dealer for high-end guitars (PRS Private Stock, Gibson Historic, Fender Custom Shop), I would not hesitate if you get the opportunity to buy one.
 #160277  by tapestry
 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm
I have seen and played both and I don't think you could go wrong with either, but I know leo from Scarlet and I have a Scarlet Tiger, and it is just simply amazing. And leo was great to work with. Im hoping to get a Scarlet wolf someday.

http://www.thegarciaproject.com/mik-bon ... irst-look/
tcsned liked this