#47517  by MattGator

Hey all-

Anybod here know anything about building speaker cabinets? I'm thinking of undertaking a project, but I'm trying to figure out a few things.

A guitar store around here had a 64 Super Reverb that somebody chopped up and made into a amp head. It looks like the speakers were just disconnected and the electronics were transported into an empty head cabinet. I was able to get it pretty cheap since it's a chop job, but it still sounds like a dream.

I've tried it out with a friend's 4x12 speaker cabinet but I didn't really like it too much. The cabinet was so loud that I couldn't crank the volume enough on the amp to get the tube overdrive sound i bought it for.

So I'm thinking of making a speaker cabinet. I want something that is big enough to cut through the mix with my band but small enough to get that beautiful tube overdrive. I also (I think) need to match the 2 ohm output from the amp.

Does that make sense to anybody? This was just something I was thinking, but I'm not real sure I know how it all works. I know most people here love tons of headroom but I'll take a great tube crunch any day.

Thanks for any input.