#140236  by Jon S.

What the subject line says! Absolutely pleased with my outcome.

The TRM construction is awesome and the wood and finish beautiful. Note how the builder designed the cab so the wood cover fits over the grillcloth cover which then fit together over the speakers for convenient and protective transport.

I selected pine for reduced weight and it was the right decision. I loaded the cab with Jensen Tornados. It weighs barely over 30 lbs. total. I could carry the cab in one hand, the rack unit (16 lbs. total) in another, with my guitar strapped to my back and head out to a gig on the subway.

I want to reserve final judgment until I can play the Tornados more and A-B them with my K120/E120 pair in my main rig but my initial reactions are they're more D120-like in tone than like my K120 or E120; they actually seem quite similar-sounding to the Weber NeoMag I used to own. They have less overall mids than my K or E, a more accented upper midrange (some would call this chimey) and a super sweet top end.

The first pic gives a size comparison between my main and now-complete backup rig.

#141355  by Jon S.

Sorry for the delayed response, I missed your post. I got them the same place we all do these days:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171380118878
 #141356  by TI4-1009

Looks good Jon. I'm really happy with my pine cab from Tim too.
 #141771  by Jon S.

In my view, when you really do need it, it ain't "GAS." :lol:
 #141875  by racecar

Has anyone tried putting 12 in speakers in the 2 x 10 cabinet? I thought I read that it appears to have enough room to hold 12 in speakers. Was curious to see if anyone has done that.
 #142571  by racecar

racecar wrote:Has anyone tried putting 12 in speakers in the 2 x 10 cabinet? I thought I read that it appears to have enough room to hold 12 in speakers. Was curious to see if anyone has done that.
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone ??