#135052  by zambiland

OK, I've got Courtenay's great tie dye piece here, the old grill is removed and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice that might save me a headache or two.

TIA!
 #135606  by Griffyote

I've been wanting a tie dye grill cover too. Though I was thinking about putting it on right over the
Original grill cloth. Hate to deface the vintage Twin permenantly, though the tie dye is a definite improvement. So I haven't done it yet, you won't get a tutorial from me.
 #135607  by Smolder

do a search on youtube... there are a couple of excellent tutorials. had i book marked them, I'd of just posted the links. you'll only need them the once.
 #135608  by zambiland

It's already done. I basically just stapled the cloth as tightly as I could but there was a fine line between getting it really taut and ripping the cloth. It's more delicate than standard grill cloth. But it looks great!

#135832  by zambiland

rugger wrote:What's in the cab? Does the Showman want to see 8ohms?

Looks great, btw.

john in san diego
A pair of JBL D140s. The showman has been modded somewhat, including a Mercury Magnetics OT that can do 4 or 8 ohms. Further, each driver has its own input, so the low end gets the Showman through one 15 and the highs get a Bandmaster through the other. My Starfire has Alembic Series II electronics, so the whole rig is stereo.

The only thing I'm dealing with now is that the speakers need a magnet recharge. They aren't as lively as they should be, so I have some downtime in February and I'm going to send them off to Orange County Speaker for a recharge.
 #135845  by TI4-1009

zambiland wrote:Hm, the picture is a little weird. Maybe this will work better:

Cosmic Charlie. Yum!