#132878  by Jon S.

What's a good option for an MC50 cabinet? A cab for the MC50 alone, nothing else, and preferably one that it fits in tightly for easy/safe transport? Even better if the MC50 can sit permanently in the cabinet and I just attach or disconnect the top of it when I want to move it. Thanks.

#132879  by Smolder

I assume that you've seen mine, but just in case here it is. I bought rack rails and mounted them inside the wooden cab... they go all the way top to bottom. I put in a solid shelf... reinforced the back of the shelf with two small L brackets. The bottom of the mc50 is directly bolted to the shelf. It's pain to pull the mac, but once serviced (as yours has been) they are very low maintenance... just need direct access to the power switch and (occasionally) the volume knob.

SInce this picture I've cleaned up the wiring and put the power switch at the very back... and acquired a padded road case for the whole thing (which my 1x15 pine cab and JBL sit on top of nicely.

The two outside handles are a must. It's really too heavy for a single top handle.

#132899  by ccw3432

Jon, I've been real happy with the rack/head enclosure I had this guy build for me:

http://www.racksandmore.com/index.php?p=1_2_Products

I have my MC250 and SMS in there. He custom built it to the correct depth because I wanted it as compact as possible. There's more detail of it on the Show us Your Rack thread along with how I mounted it if you're interested. He was very open to customizing and reasonably priced too. I'm sure he'd build you a box that would fit the MC50. It does not come out of the box without undoing the four bolts, but I haven't had the need to remove it. I can wire it and adjust volume while it's in the enclosure.

Chris
 #132906  by Jon S.

These are both great options, thanks! :smile:
 #133041  by Jon S.

I've been doing some more research. I think the style of case I've had in my mind for the MC50 but unable to articulate until now is called a "pull over clamp case." Here's what one looks like. The ones I've found so far on line have been extremely expensive and not reasonable options for me. But the design where the MC50 sits permanently on the bottom of the case and the top and sides are attachable or removable via clamps is what I've been imagining as ideal for myself. An example appears below. The lip on the bottom piece on this example is somewhat higher than I'd want for my MC50 but it's this basic design.

#133057  by Smolder

I like this a lot. I didn't give a lot of thought to 'road worthy' when I built mine because I rarely get to play loud enough for my SMS/Mac rig.
ccw3432 wrote: Image
 #133126  by Jon S.

EDIT: We have a winner here. This is exactly what I've been seeking and for the quality, reasonably priced, too. Ordered my custom sized amp head cab this morning.

http://www.bradycases.com/products/lift ... -head-case