#134624  by zambiland

I've got a couple of speaker grilles on order. Can't wait to see what he does! One is for a Sunn 200S cabinet that is pretty beat so it needs a good upgrade.
 #135141  by zambiland

OK, got it all done. I hope this link comes through:

#135144  by TI4-1009

Beautiful. Freekin beautiful.

Nice job.
 #141158  by Diggey

Amazing work, it is perfectly symmetrical when he wants to be and the colors are so strong. Awesome talented legend
 #141249  by zambiland

aiq wrote:Hey Zambi, what are you using for reverb?

Cool tie dye.
Not a lot, as I'm a bass player, but either the reverb in my SMS CTP or a Lexicon MPX G2.
 #171965  by TI4-1009

Courtenay made me a grille cloth for the Twin I restored last year. I asked for electric blue and The Man delivered!

I made a new board out of 1/2" MDF so that I (or a future owner) could swap back if desired (Velcro attachment). Most likely not in my lifetime :wink: .

lbpesq liked this
 #171968  by lbpesq

Sweet!

I’ve got a couple of tie-dye bandanas waiting to pick one for the grille of my new Quilter Aviator Mach 3 that arrives next week. Love tie-dye on amps and the above one is outstanding!

Bill, tgo
 #171972  by Jon S.

lbpesq wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:45 pmI’ve got a couple of tie-dye bandanas waiting to pick one for the grille of my new Quilter Aviator Mach 3 that arrives next week.
Wow! I wouldn't have thought of doing that. It'll look awesome. Please post a pic!

One question, though - are you sure the grill is removable (it should be for all amps but isn't always)?
 #171991  by Chocol8

Jon S. wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:30 am
lbpesq wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:45 pmI’ve got a couple of tie-dye bandanas waiting to pick one for the grille of my new Quilter Aviator Mach 3 that arrives next week.
Wow! I wouldn't have thought of doing that. It'll look awesome. Please post a pic!

One question, though - are you sure the grill is removable (it should be for all amps but isn't always)?
The grill is always removable. It is putting it back on that can sometimes be the challenge.

Seriously, there pretty much always is a way to replace grill cloth, but some amps require significantly more work and the use of tools. Especially the ones where the closet his attached directly to the speaker baffle.
 #171992  by lbpesq

Jon S. wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:30 am

As Chocol8 noted above, grilles are always removable! It's just a matter of how difficult and avoiding any damage that would make re-installation an issue. If this one is designed like my MicroPro and my Blockdock 10tc, Quilters represent a bit more of a challenge than some other designs. You have to go in from the back, remove the speaker to be on the safe side, and unscrew a bunch of screws. But it's not anything that can't be done with a screwdriver and a staple gun. I don't make new baffles. I just put the tie-dye directly over the mesh grille cover. A little more protection for the speaker than the thin cotton bandana alone, easily reversible, and I've never noticed a difference in sound. The only additional tool I use is an iron to remove all wrinkles from the bandana before stretching and stapling over the grille.

My Mach 3 arrives tomorrow! I'll have time to add the tie-dye and post pics this weekend.

Bill, tgo
 #171993  by NeilG1

Here’s the beauty he made me. The colours are incredible in person.

TI4-1009 liked this