#115640  by TI4-1009

Been working with Courtenay for about six months on the "just exactly right" cover for my cab and I'm a happy boy now! Pretty much exactly what I've lusted after for about 40 :shock: years :

I bought one from his web page (left one, below), but after I got it I just couldn't cut it up- it was too nice. So I talked to him about what I was looking for and he made two for me to choose from (The Other One below, right). I liked them both so I took them both, and had him make me a t-shirt to boot. There is such incredible detail in his work, just beautiful. Highly recommended if you're looking for tie dye- you can't beat going right to the source.

Also- When I told him that I had bought the blue one to use a a speaker cover he said that I wouldn't want to use it for that. Like most of his work it's done with cotton, which is thick. He said for speaker cabs you want to use silk, and that's what he made the two he sent me out of. Very light, no "coloring" (no pun intended) of the sound.

#115653  by spacefunkologist

Dude, those are sweet! The one you put on the cab is one of the coolest Ive seen. How do I get one?? Does this dude have a website??
 #115672  by Jon S.

It's a cool feeling when you finally find THE PIECE of tie dye that's just PERFECT for you. :D :smile: :cool:

#115710  by TI4-1009

spacefunkologist wrote:Nice cab Jon S.!

Hey T14-1009...who makes the cab youre using in that pic? Looks nice.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=425&t=11375
 #115720  by spacefunkologist

Ahhhh, yes Ive actually bought a few cabs from Tim. Super nice guy to work with. He did a couple of 1x12's for me in the style of the HT cabs we all love. Dovetailed and all. $165 shipped to my door. I added the magnets and did the routing (Im sure he would too for some extra $$) Two cans of poly spray later this is what I wound up with. E120 loaded. Im lovin it!

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q51 ... C_4042.jpg
 #115753  by cmc64

spacefunkologist wrote:Ahhhh, yes Ive actually bought a few cabs from Tim. Super nice guy to work with. He did a couple of 1x12's for me in the style of the HT cabs we all love. Dovetailed and all. $165 shipped to my door. I added the magnets and did the routing (Im sure he would too for some extra $$) Two cans of poly spray later this is what I wound up with. E120 loaded. Im lovin it!

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q51 ... C_4042.jpg
Those 1x12 cabs are beautiful. Very, very nice. That is exactly where I want to end up. I want to set up a stereo (well, I suppose it will actually be dual-mono) rig but as I do not play out two 2x12's are just overkill for my living room. When I have the cash saved up I am going to pick up (hopefully) a McIntosh MC250 and drive two 1x12's with it. My current amp has a direct line-level out so I'll use that as a pre until it sells and with the proceeds from the sale (and just a little extra $$) I'll get a Sarno SMS and be one happy boy.
 #115755  by spacefunkologist

Thanks man, yeah Im really happy with the way they came out. Ive actually since bought some woodworking tools and have started to dabble in cabinet construction myself. Its not easy and I give the guys like Tracy and Hogan a lot of credit for pumping out some really amazing work! I'll post some pics when I get something that resembles a guitar cab!

But back to the Tie Dye cover....Im floored by that design man. Ive gotta say, I was always in favor of the open faced cabs with the speaker clamps but this has got me thinkin I need to cover one of mine with some sweet captain trips cloth like that one!
 #129477  by jhonharry

Those 1x12 cabs are beautiful. Very, very nice. That is exactly where I want to end up. I want to set up a stereo (well, I suppose it will actually be dual-mono) rig but as I do not play out two 2x12's are just overkill for my living room. When I have the cash saved up I am going to pick up (hopefully) a McIntosh MC250 and drive two 1x12's with it.

free pagerank checker |
Last edited by jhonharry on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #131811  by TI4-1009

#131862  by TI4-1009

Just got this one- 44"x44". Pretty freekin neat!

#131863  by tcsned

Here's a Courtenay dye we use for a stage backdrop