#52329  by jeffm725

I have not tried them personally, but know someone who has a pair and I think they sound really, really good.
They are REAL expensive though arent they?

Eminence is makin a low cost JBL E-120 alternative called the commonwealth that I am dying to try. Anyone have any commonwelath experience?
 #52356  by strumminsix

Another to consider is the Weber NeoMag.

I posted something about JBL alternatives on TheGearPage. You can find posts by me there or I'll try to look tomorrow...
 #52578  by High Peaks

I have heard of, but haven't actually heard the Beyma. They are like $260 though aren;t they?? For that you could spring for the E-120's , D or K.

I have an Eminence Commonwealth. It sounded good. Closer to the JBL than most. Its just that there is really nothing like the E120 in my opinion. The more i play with them the more i find that it really is a one trick pony however. Its impossible to get that creamy breakup with an E120, like i can get with a celestion 30 or blue. But for the Dead stuff, they are a must have.
 #52587  by milobender

I ordered a couple of NeoMag 12" a couple of weeks ago... still waiting for delivery. I'll post when they come and get a bit broken itn... :smile: