#113208  by eric

I've had this thought lately..

After all the premium cables etc, that we run in our rigs, and all the trimmings for getting solid tone, it all boils
Down to the two little wires that we run to the speaker terminals from the cab jack. Those 2 tiny little wires..there's gotta be a better way.. It just seems absurd that I run heavy Neutrik cables to the cab, just to go into those 2 tiny little wires..maybe it's a part of electronics I don't get, but even the few hundred in cables I use just for my guitar setup... There's gotta be a better option..
 #113212  by hippieguy1954

As long as the wires are 12 guage, they are as worthy as anything else in your rig! Some say even 14 guage is fine. What guage speaker wire are you using from the amp to the speaker cab? What ever guage thay are is the same guage you should have in the speaker cab too.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113227  by eric

My cables are all premium grade , and my power amp to cab cables are a bit of an overkill I'd say. Still , even 12 gauge wire , it all comes down to the small portion of the bare wire where it clips into the terminal.. All the information contained in your tone .. All boils down to that small area of contact...Maybe I'm just over thinking it..
 #113228  by hippieguy1954

It is very important just like all the other connections. As long as the wire is of the proper guage and is stripped and tinned without loosing any strands and is well seated in the teeth of the speaker spring loaded terminal or soldered for some speakers, the signal remains intact. I always (when hooking up JBL's with the spring loaded terminals) pull on the wire a little to make sure the teeth in there are gripping the wire well.
Good to go! :smile: :smile: :smile: