#153302  by Naataanii

has anyone here built or have built for them a "eye of horus" bass? i mean there of lots of tiger and wolf builds out there, just wondering if anyone had the gumption of taking on this bass, its pretty freekin awesome.

Spencer
 #153835  by seanc

I played a Ritter jupiter 6 a while back (same as Phil's w/o inlay).

I was not all that impressed. It is MASSIVE. I mean like clown shoes kind of massive. I am @ 5'10 and Phil is a good deal taller than me, at least a head taller. But the thing was just silly big.

That said.

It did play well. It sounded very good. Balance was perfect and his use of light weight woods made it surprisingly light. It inspired me to buy a a Ritter Roya. Jen's work really IS fantastic, impeccable and astounding. Aesthetically, you either love or hate his work and that is completely subjective.

But seriously, NOBODY is going to any sort of justice to any sort of Ritter knock off. He is just in a field of his own as far as workmanship and the things he does. Especially in the Jupiter line, it is just too complex. If that is what you want save up and buy one new or used.
 #154029  by zambiland

Phil's not that tall. I'm 6' and he's at least 6" shorter than me. Unless he was walking on his knees when we met.
 #154058  by Rusty the Scoob

zambiland wrote:Phil's not that tall. I'm 6' and he's at least 6" shorter than me. Unless he was walking on his knees when we met.
It's too early in the morning for carpentry but... that would only make him 5'6" by my math. That doesn't sound right.
 #154060  by zambiland

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
zambiland wrote:Phil's not that tall. I'm 6' and he's at least 6" shorter than me. Unless he was walking on his knees when we met.
It's too early in the morning for carpentry but... that would only make him 5'6" by my math. That doesn't sound right.
Well, it was too late in the evening for math for me, but he was much shorter than I expected. Although a bit taller than Bootsy Collins.