#145995  by ugly rumor

Was not Phil's rig, or even like any he ever used. The closest point of convergence is that Phil did use Meyers Sound Lab speakers. That being said, $1500 is not a bad price for what is offered. These are passive speakers, not active. Great quality stuff, though I think most people would find the sound a little flat, or uncolored.
 #146004  by zambiland

ugly rumor wrote:Was not Phil's rig, or even like any he ever used. The closest point of convergence is that Phil did use Meyers Sound Lab speakers. That being said, $1500 is not a bad price for what is offered. These are passive speakers, not active. Great quality stuff, though I think most people would find the sound a little flat, or uncolored.
It's sort of similar to something he used for a while and closer to a Mike Gordon rig from 10 years ago. I played through that rig and it was pretty awesome, the flat, uncolored sound being its prime attraction. At least for me. But no way I'd choose that without the road crew to carry it. A fEARful does the job much more efficiently.