#123777  by Sparechaynge

Wow, that sounds cool. Be nice if it was solo.

Here's hoping!
 #123791  by Rusty the Scoob

Nice! :cool: Not sure why they went with only the bridge pickup... I tend to use a blend of about 2/3 neck, 1/3 bridge. :D This looks great though, I'd open up my checkbook wide and put full Alembic electronics in it.

Oof, quick Google Shopping search looks like they aren't really available for the MSRP for $1499, only for like $3499. Guess I'll just keep watching Ebay for an old basket-case.
Last edited by Rusty the Scoob on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #123792  by Sparechaynge

Ha yeah, Rusty I'd do that too. :-) But while I got my wallet out, why not get a 2nd and build Yggdrasil to complement The Godfather? :D :D,
 #123797  by TI4-1009

#123798  by Mr.Burns

Yggdrasil was always a confusing name to me. The Askur Yggdrasil was an Ash tree, so isn't an Ash bass kind of implied? Sorry if thats a dumb question...
 #123802  by Rusty the Scoob

TI4-1009 wrote:http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/guild- ... nt-951894/

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/new-20 ... ue-950368/
Great links, thanks! So it'll be made in Korea, like my DeArmond. The build quality on mine is pretty good but not outstanding, it's got one of the thickest poly finishes I've ever seen but I've still managed to start sweating through it in a couple of places in just 2 years, and I've never sweat through any finish before. Granted, it was built in 1990 so they've probably made some changes in 23 years. :lol:
 #123803  by Sparechaynge

Hey, I forgot about the EB3, there's a thread about that here right? Keep us updated!

Mr. Burns, I think the Yggdrasil name has more to do with the tree as a mythological character than a real symbol of the tree (mahogany and not ash). The huge universe-shaking notes Jack made with it have always had me convinced! :D

I'm glad it's MIK, the Epiphones I've played always felt good enough for me. Still curious about the pickup, though.
 #123809  by Rusty the Scoob

There's a thread but I'm keeping it under wraps until I can get an Alembic-style bridge made. I've deliberately NOT posted pics of my dad's refinishing or my mom's paint job. :twisted: Let's just say: Wow.
 #123837  by Sparechaynge

Ok, I see how it is. Now I'm even more curious! :smile:
 #123884  by SNWRS

Good to see that Guild's producing electrics again :)
 #123914  by Sparechaynge

Sure is. I hope they don't go away too quickly...
 #126801  by pablomago

I can't believe it's a single pickup. After a year they'll drop it saying "no one was buying them..." C'mon, Fender. Can't you get it right?