#51913  by Dozin

I finally got it all put together and it sounds AWESOME! It nails that vintage Weir tone, finally.

Here's the gear. Starting from the top down.

Ibanez UE-700
Korg DTR-1
Furman Power Conditioner
Ibanez AD-230
Peavey Super Festival F-800 B
Custom Cab 2 x 12" 16ohm Hemp Cone Tone Tubbys

Ibanez AR-400 Artist, Super 80 pups, with Trisound "trisound is key"

#51914  by strumminsix

kickass, bro! I might book a flight to Boston just to hear it and peak at that UE700!

#51937  by tigerstrat

Wow, looks like you've got 1978 happenin' to a tee.

#51940  by Dozin

Nick, Tom, it's absolutely amazing. Next jam I'll put up some sound clips.

#51941  by Emoto

I must be losing my mind. I could have sworn I responded to this earlier and said that it looked great and that I wish you were closer to me so I could hear it in person.

#51942  by Tennessee Jedi

Very cool.
Nice guitar.
Have fun !
:cool:
Poor Emoto
A case of C.R.S,huh ?

#51943  by Emoto

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Very cool.
Nice guitar.
Have fun !
Poor Emoto
A case of C.R.S,huh ?
Absolutely!!! :P

#52010  by Dozin

Well the Ibanez Super 80 is really the key with trisound. Trisound means Single, Hum and out of phase. With the bridge pickup out of phase and the guitar set to the bridge pup. It nails the Weir sound. I believe bob utilized a middle single coil to cancel out the bridge pickup from 60 cycle hum.
 #52477  by Laytonco

Thanks Dozin. Is there an "easy" way to take a pickup out of phase. For instance, on my Alembic Tribute? Or on the Schecter Hollwbody? I like the Schecter for the old woody tone sound but mostly we like to play around in that late 70s world and I use the Tribute for that with the Heritage Patriot. For bigger places, I also add the BF Fender Super running out of the stereo out on the UE400. I can get really close. But I am be bedazzled/befuddled/besomethinged on the "out of phase" deal and would love to learn how to make that.

Peace,

Gil