#153351  by JDB30

Drybonz wrote:
JDB30 wrote:It's surprising how many people always think "gear first." In my experience, the gear gets you the last 10% of the way there. Talent and technique gets you the first 90% and are the most important factors in achieving tone.
I listed my gear for you, as requested, above.
If you can post any recordings of your sound, that would enable us to give you some more solid feedback.
 #153352  by Drybonz

The sound that I am going for now I don't have a solid enough base to post a recording. That's why I am looking for basic info on gear, settings, etc so that I can get a good base started, then maybe I can post something for critique.

I'm listening to 9-14-93 right now, which I have a nice recording of... that's an example (one of many) of the sound from the era I'm going for. I'm sure you guys know it.
 #153354  by Drybonz

Thanks for the link... that's some good footage.

I probably should have specified... I started studying Bobby's style about 20 years ago and I guess I have a fairly basic grasp of the... well, basics.

I just decided to work on some new tones. The tone I was using back in the day when I was playing with other people was more like a clean Jerry rhythm tone, put down the guitar for about 5 years and now I'm trying to get a better sound.
 #153428  by Naataanii

has anyone here messed around with the casio pg 380? just curious as to its capabilities and parameters.

Spencer