#151617  by milobender

As per a request, here's Joe's Cowboy Fancy inspired custom guitar build. This is my first 'Bobby' guitar :smile: :smile: :smile:
Maple, walnut, ebony board, custom Io bridge, BYOC onboard effects -- Delay, Chorus, and Envelope as per Joe's desires "o)

#151668  by milobender

[quote="mkaufman"]Just curious.... why doesn't it have a swamp ash body?

It was never meant to be a replica... but the reasoning was two fold: Joe wanted something that was prettier than the ash, and something that was a little brighter sounding (I think I did read that Bob wanted a bit brighter sound than he was getting with the Fancy), so we settled on the flame maple.
 #151669  by milobender

Here's a pic of the layers... Walnut, maple,walnut, wenge, maple and the same mirrored. You can't see the flame of the core very well yet, it's very rough, just hit with a file.

#151672  by milobender

Here's the top plate. It's not glued on yet, as I plan to do the inlay first. The brown discoloration on the lower half is a bit of a slip with the saw (it's only about 1/32" deep)... it'll be gone when it's shaped.

#151831  by milobender

I finally got a piece of maple I'm happy with for the inlay... I tried a really nice piece of maple burl first, but it turned out to be too dark, not enough contrast with the walnut. This is just rough cut, I still need to clean it up, and cut the other two pieces, but I like it "o)