#160057  by Blacklodgebob

Dan is making some amazing sounding gear these days. I'd been following Dan on social media as hes a super brilliant amp repair wizard for several years, and some of my buddies in Vermont love his service/mods, so I finally pulled the trigger on a TRP a few weeks ago. Only took him about 2 1/2 weeks to knock it out, and he was totally responsive to all my questions.

We ended up doing the blackface switch mod for when I play jazz; I can just turn off jerry for some warm wooden tones. Lowest noise Ive heard on a preamp. The verb is a long spring tank , and sounds insanely good! 3-d supernatural ether. I have a Carr 6v, and Two Rock Studio 50, redplate blackverb, and this verb sounds the best to me. Thats a big compliment as I'm kinda a huge reverb snob, owning a bunch of expensive reverb pedals / racks / and most of those amps were bought for the fendery cleans + spring verb tones. Ive owned a Sarno and sold it, also more close to the source, also have a modded bandmaster / Twin Reverb that Ive paid to have recapped / modded restored etc,,,

and this is my favorite for right now. Really really cool. Would highly recommend to anybody chasing that rabbit around, trying to get those Fendery / Jerry tones. Just wish I'd bought this thing a long time ago! The build quality is second to none in there. All point to point hand wired goodness. Looks bullet proof.

8) :cool: :cool:
tntawney, LooseChange liked this
 #160064  by Jon S.

+1. Dan Lurie's builds are superb and he's easy to work with. I own both his JG Special Reverb combo (D120 speaker) and his TR preamp with Jerry mods. Both faithfully capture Jerry's tone.

Blacklodgebob liked this
 #160069  by Blacklodgebob

WokeUpDead wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 pm How much for the amps?
I think around 975 for the preamp shipped, 1300 for full amp combo or head without speaker before shipping. Incredibly reasonable for what I'm hearing come out of this thing, and how much more money Ive spent for far less quality / tone.
Love that I can dick dale this thing cranked to max and get no self oscillation, just more SURF!