#160125  by strumminsix

Arafel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 am Well, it's not really a "Jerry" style amp, but I love my little Swart Atomic Space Tone Jr. It can be surprisingly loud for a small amp, and easily keeps up with a drummer. And it's only 5 watts!
Glad to see other small amp guys. My goto is Dr Z Maz 8! Singled ended EL84. Your SASTjr was another one I was auditioning.
 #160134  by Arafel

strumminsix wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 am
Arafel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 am Well, it's not really a "Jerry" style amp, but I love my little Swart Atomic Space Tone Jr. It can be surprisingly loud for a small amp, and easily keeps up with a drummer. And it's only 5 watts!
Glad to see other small amp guys. My goto is Dr Z Maz 8! Singled ended EL84. Your SASTjr was another one I was auditioning.
I love the good Dr. I have an EZG-50 that I run into a Hard Truckers cabinet for larger gigs. I still need to use the Air Brake to tame the volume though; it's a LOUD 50 watts.
 #160136  by strumminsix

Arafel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm
strumminsix wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 am
I love the good Dr. I have an EZG-50 that I run into a Hard Truckers cabinet for larger gigs. I still need to use the Air Brake to tame the volume though; it's a LOUD 50 watts.
Same here! That's a friggun sweet amp! I think he puts out some amazing gear. My 8 watter is incredibly loud. It's wonderful hitting the sweet spot at low stage volumes. It's so inspiring to play.
 #160533  by aiq

Blacklodgebob wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 am
aiq wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 am I run a mismatch with the Bassman.
Love me some steve kimock too - but dude you have got to be loud as shit running two vintage fenders at the same time, unless they are on like 2 - in which case they arent really cooking
Sorry, my response was confusing. I intend to use the Deluxe-Amp. The venue is a 100 seat listening room in St. Pete called the Hideaway Cafe.

Bassman is a backup since I am only using sixties Fenders now, you never know. In the unlikely event I would need the Bassman I could run it about 4-5 I think and ride the guitar knobs. With the mismatch around 40ish watts and I use a constant 110v power supply on all.
 #160577  by gdrfk1990

I am pretty happy with the mods on my Fender Deluxe Reverb 65RI . I put NOS JAN 6l6s (These are great for this as they run great at lower power no transformer mod needed) Solid State Rectifier and a JBL K120. I also changed the reverb Tube to a JAN I forget the exact type it's like a 12at7 or ay7 . Next I am going to change the preamp tube for the channel 2 to a NOS RCA or GE maybe a telefunken.

Right now I am happy with both amps Deluxe for smaller gigs and Shakedown Concert Head for bigger gigs. I have been tinkering with guitars. When all is said and done I will have 3 a Coco Bolo maple Sandwich, a Maple on Maple and a Swamp ash Strat