rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#159917  by waldo041
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 pm
Been hashed before in the past but pretty clear proof here that the Mu-tron Volume Wah was used as well as an MXR Phase 100 and Distortion+

The Mu-tron Octave Divider and Mu-Tron III are on his left, also seen in other photos.

~waldo
 #159921  by Ebearius
 Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 am
Thanks. This is a very timely post. I was excited to find a Mutron Volume/Wah in the used gear section of my local Guitar Center this weekend. I tested it out in the nice, quiet Platinum Room with a Strat through a modern Twin.
It played nicely. Very long, smooth throw. The actual effect of the "Q" didn't engage until a bit further forward in the throw than I am used to with my RMC-3. In the end, I decided to pass. It would have just been a novelty item that would have been relegated to the "unused bin".
But it is pretty cool and 100% functional if anyone in the Atlanta area is interested. I think they had it marked around 325.
 #159933  by waldo041
 Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm
strumminsix wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 am
Side note: they're on a proper stage and are as close together physically as folks playing the bars. Amazing.
great observation! :cool:

~waldo
strumminsix liked this
 #159946  by lovetoboogie
 Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm
Such a gret shot! Never knew he used the Mutron Volume Wah as well. What a piece of info! What do make of that box just between the mic stand and Volume Wah? Effects junction? Or maybe part of the monitor wiring matrix?

Really awesome pic and great work!
 #159948  by waldo041
 Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:02 pm
lovetoboogie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm
Such a gret shot! Never knew he used the Mutron Volume Wah as well. What a piece of info! What do make of that box just between the mic stand and Volume Wah? Effects junction? Or maybe part of the monitor wiring matrix?

Really awesome pic and great work!
I think it is Effects loops Network box because at this time Wolf has a switch with the OBEL and he only used a stereo cable (ie.. not 2 cables for the loop or a Y) that ran to the front of the stage as seen in other shots. so that tip and ring are split up there at this time. Just my best guess, could be nothing at all. lmao

The Roland Volume pedal Phaser mod is not implemented yet either.

~waldo
lovetoboogie liked this