#159659  by Jedstein

Anyone been able to successfully make contact with a human being at Mu-Fx over the last few weeks? Out of nowhere, my Micro-tron got really weird on me. I didn't even move the pedal. Worked fine the day before -- and then it started sounding very strange. Since December 12, I've sent three e-mails and left a voice message. I know we had the holidays, so some delay is reasonable, but I'm starting to get a little fed up, especially given the interminable wait for the pedal. Plus -- I need it!
 #159665  by Feedback

Maybe you have heard from them since, but I had an issue with the same pedal. After a couple of Emails and an attempted phone call, Mike got back to me.

Here is his reply.

I'm very sorry your email was in limbo for so long.
Todd was away, I was sick, and the SERVICE email address wasn't monitored for a couple of weeks.
Not only that, the structure of the company changed somewhat.
Repairs for MicroTron are being handled at a different address, but will be swiftly accomplished.
I have forwarded your email to Rand at mu-tron.com
Yes that's right. After long years, an agreement to market certain products under the original MU-TRON name has been reached.

Anyway you should hear back from Rand at mu-tron and repair or replacement quickly accomplished
 #159668  by Jedstein

Thanks so much. You don't happen to have any contact info for Rand? Feel free to PM me on this -- but I thought it might be useful for anyone else in need of repair on their Micro-tron.
 #159671  by mikelawson

Interesting. Before I bought one from Keir, having missed out on the first run, I emailed Mike about the second run and he got back to me fairly quickly a few weeks ago, but said production challenges were stopping the next run, but it would be soon and I would be on the advance list. I offered to put a deposit down or pre-pay and he didn't reply to that. Very good pedal, so far.
 #159677  by Feedback

Jedstein,

Having trouble with the private messaging, so I will answer here.

I did put a contact for Rand Anderson right in that message that Mike had sent me. Rand@mu-tron.com. However, I received an Email from Rand at mutron@yahoo.com. I spoke to him and have shipped my pedal back.

He asked me what the serial number was to see if there is some consistency with other problematic ones he has encountered. What is the serial on yours? Mine was just over 300 (I don't have it here to tell you exactly).

Best of luck getting that remedied. I have a Tru-Tron also, but really like the small size and 9V power requirement of the Micro.
 #159678  by yodasfro

Good luck I sent the two I bought back because the footswitches were popping loudly the verdict they found nothing wrong with them guess what? They still pop!!! I even bought a boostron while the microtrons were there getting the once over. And now the boostron is acting up.

Also for you that have yet to see it Mike has reacquired the mu-tron name and is now selling mu-tron branded microtrons along with a bi-phase in the works.
 #159712  by mikelawson

Happy to see Mike got the name back. And I love the sound of the MU FX Microtron. I am a little disappointed in the volume drop and need to use a boost with it, but it certainly dials in the whoppa whoppa I was looking for.
 #159715  by Jedstein

Feedback wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm Jedstein,

Having trouble with the private messaging, so I will answer here.

I did put a contact for Rand Anderson right in that message that Mike had sent me. Rand@mu-tron.com. However, I received an Email from Rand at mutron@yahoo.com. I spoke to him and have shipped my pedal back.

He asked me what the serial number was to see if there is some consistency with other problematic ones he has encountered. What is the serial on yours? Mine was just over 300 (I don't have it here to tell you exactly).

Best of luck getting that remedied. I have a Tru-Tron also, but really like the small size and 9V power requirement of the Micro.
Thanks so much. Really appreciate it. Hope to have a working Micro-tron again soon . . . .
 #159720  by Blacklodgebob

mikelawson wrote:Happy to see Mike got the name back. And I love the sound of the MU FX Microtron. I am a little disappointed in the volume drop and need to use a boost with it, but it certainly dials in the whoppa whoppa I was looking for.
i would send it back - mine is a last of the run pedal, and its got so much gain, def no need to boost it. I'm using a buffer obel so its getting hit a little harder but still...