#159525  by wfrobinette

So after a wait I finally received a new 100 watt twin with 2 JBLs k120 in a can from Joe. Let me say this thing sound great by itself. Haven’t even tried through my mc250 yet. He jumpers channel 1 into 2 and this thing has just the right grit to nail JGB 1980, dead 80’s and 1990. Throw in a little boss od2 and I can nail the 3/24/90 Stella blue solo tone perfectly. Well with the wait.

If I was more confident in my playing I’d post some clips.
 #159531  by PaulJay

Would love to hear that Jgb 80’s tone sample. I’m sure everyone will like it.
 #159560  by Gr8fulCadi

wfrobinette wrote:So after a wait I finally received a new 100 watt twin with 2 JBLs k120 in a can from Joe. Let me say this thing sound great by itself. Haven’t even tried through my mc250 yet. He jumpers channel 1 into 2 and this thing has just the right grit to nail JGB 1980, dead 80’s and 1990. Throw in a little boss od2 and I can nail the 3/24/90 Stella blue solo tone perfectly. Well with the wait.

If I was more confident in my playing I’d post some clips.
I have a Shakedown GD50 which is a modded out super reverb. It also gets me some grit when I have it pre’d out to a Mc250, blaster on and blending both channels. Sounds really good imo. With it being a super reverb, it gets closer to Jerry’ness when using the mc250 for sure. Honestly it was a tuff wait time for the amp and hopefully that changes for the better in the future for others. The amp itself sounds real good.

I was pushing one d120 with half the mc250 1/4 up on the volume and the d120 was moving and some grit to be had without the ear splitting volume. When using the supers power section, different animal, mean as hell and a blues machine. I will post some clips soon.

I have a maestro amp almost ready to ship and I’m really excited to try that out too. Enjoy the goodness!!