#159452  by zambiland

Has anyone tried a Wonderlove? I'm liking it on bass, although TBH, I find it just as good to program a filter in either the FX8 or Lexicon G2. The G2 especially gets a nice gurgly sound.

Wish I hadn't sold my Groove Regulator, though....
 #159487  by myoung6923

I used to use one a long time ago (I still have it) but could never get it sounding right. I've tried, and bought multiple different ones including the new Tru-Tron, Q-Tron and Q-Tron +. By far my favorite is the original Q-Tron. In all of these there can be variations in component tolerances and calibrations that might make one unit respond better to a particular guitar than another. I had 2 identical Q-Tron's once and one just never reacted quite right. The one I kept just hits that spot exactly how I want it to. It's got a nice deep, fat low end - combined with the OBEL in the guitar, it works great.
 #163613  by franklins_timmy

Have wanted to try one of the old MXR envelope filters since this thread popped up. Not many floating around though. Came across this the other day, looks like it is based off the old MXR. Anybody have any experience with one? Have the old big box Q-tron, but thinkin' I may give this a try.

https://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man ... gJWkvD_BwE
 #163615  by ski_rick

I have a vintage MXR Envelope filter I acquired in a trade back in the 80s. Not even really knowing what it was, I remember plugging it in for the first time and thinking "oh, Jerry Garcia." I was a relatively new fan at the time and getting that pedal really started my interest in exploring GD music as a musician.

I've bought and sold many envelope filters over the years and I keep going back to the MXR (it's on my current pedal board). I love the simplicity of dialing it in with the two knobs.

I also have one I bought a couple years ago off Ebay that is branded as "Newkirk." The builder claims he uses NOS MXR PCBs to build these (if I remember correct, Analog Man's original run also used the NOS MXR PCBs). It's true bypass, has an on/off LED, and has a 9V adapter, all things the original did not. Pretty true the original, I find I have the knobs a bit higher then the original to get the sound I'm looking for.