#157752  by GoodTrips

ac4468 wrote:If you want a drop in solution for your Strat look into the Alembic Blaster (Stratoblaster). All of Waldo's buffers are top notch as well and they go in all my guitars. The Alembic however comes with a drop in replacement for your Strat output jack/plate and has an on/off switch as an well. So you'll maintain your factory look and playability for a non dedicated Jerry guitar.
As I mentioned, I have an Effectrode fire bottle first in my pedal chain which is a buffer/ tube based boost. From what I can tell it achieves pretty much the same goal as the Blaster. When I play single coils this is an ALWAYS on pedal for me (you can even adjust the resonant peak of single coils to make them sound close to buckers). It's an amazing pedal so I'm going to see if I can achieve the same effect using it.
 #157753  by GoodTrips

Searing75 wrote:Adamas picks! Huge tone enhancer! Mod the tone stack in the deluxe to two .022's. Those two changes will help get you a much more tight, woody, spank on your low notes.
I've been using and LOVING ultex picks for a while now, but I'll check these out. Thanks
RiseandFall wrote:Reverb is a small factor that hasn't been brought up yet.
I was always...my whole life of playing guitar.... a reverb on 2-3 guy. For Jerry stuff I have it at about 5.
Really Excellent point, I probably overdo it but turn it to about 6 or 7 when I play Jerry stuff. The reverb is one of the main things that drew me to this amp initially.
playingdead wrote: I don't know that a Deluxe is going to have the juice to really move an E-120 but others may have tried.
Hadn't thought about that. It is a much higher watt speaker than what comes in that amp. Unless someone has experience though, I may just have to jump in and see.
strumminsix wrote:I agree with the statement to look reverb. Original DR's are good. Not so much the RI. I'd suggestion looking into a something like this that has a lexicon setting:
I really do love the spring reverb in my DRRI, but I already run a strymon flint on my board (for my VOX AC15 which I often run in stereo) so I do already have other reverb types via a pedal.

Thanks for all the input from everyone, it's really appreciated. Very useful stuff, and hoping someone has experience running a 120 style speaker off a DRRI.
 #157754  by gdrfk1990

Just had my 65 Deluxe reissue done I put a K120 in 6l6 power Tubes an au7 in the reverb slot and a solid state rectifier. I think I am going to get the Katana (Clean Booster) they didn't have a new one in the box so I didn't today. any thoughts suggestions ??? Not sure where you are but I used Dave's Audio Repair in Whippany NJ he did a great Job

Can You "Blackface" a silverface reissue not sure what that is but it seems that's why people buy the originals cheaper than the Blackface and easily altered to an AB763 circuit?
 #157755  by PaulJay

Hey, I did own a DRRI a while back, and threw a Weber cali 12 in it and was very happy with it. Mine was paper dust cap but they sell them with alluminum ones. They are rated for 75 or 100 watts (not sure). Modeled after the JBL d-120. Quality speaker at a good price. ,Paul