#159532  by chipperj

Hey they sound great. What are the other two pedals that seem to be on in the demo? Thanks Paul
Those are "Earth Drive" pedals, also made by Brad Sarno. Best pedal I've ever heard. At least one of them is always on. It adds that little bit of 'hair' you get when your amp starts to break up, without having to turn up.
 #159533  by PaulJay

Sorry I was not that clear on my question. I meant the one on the top right corner with red led on and the other with flashing led.
Thanks
 #159534  by chipperj

Sorry I was not that clear on my question. I meant the one on the top right corner with red led on and the other with flashing led.
Thanks
Oh... sorry. The upper right is a TC Electronics "Trinity" reverb pedal- The reverb on my amp is busted, so I use that. The flashing light is a Strymon "El Capistan" delay pedal, but it's not engaged in this vid (it's just marking tempo).
 #159544  by tcsned

My awesome wife bought me a Solar Flare for my birthday (which isn't for another 5 weeks but her genius husband was trying to help out by going to the post office to pick up a package for her and they handed me a box and it was from Brad Sarno - I knew I messed up but I couldn't lie to her but she was sweet and let me open it early). I used it at last night's gig and, damn! It's a really nice pedal. I've got some nice overdrive pedals (Earth Drive and a T-Rex Dr Swamp) but have never really had a true distortion that really cut it on stage. I've got a MXR Dist+, and Whirlwind Gold Box both of which are nice pedals and sound great at home or when I can set my rig up for one sound but could never get them to be super functional on stage. The Solar Flare doesn't have a bad setting on it. Having a level control on it is a big step up from the MXR and Gold Box. I highly recommend it!! I'll see if I can get a clip together from last night.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
 #159546  by tcsned

Here's a short clip from our show last night where I'm using the Solar Flare. My signal chain was IO modded cocobolo Tele (OBEL)-->Solar Flare-->T-Rex Replica-->SMS CTP-->Mac2100-->Beyma Liberty speaker.
 #159551  by WokeUpDead

Both clips sound great. Unfortunately my package came yesterday but I wasn't home to sign for it and now I"ve got to wait until the 26th to pick it up.
 #159556  by tcsned

WokeUpDead wrote:Both clips sound great. Unfortunately my package came yesterday but I wasn't home to sign for it and now I"ve got to wait until the 26th to pick it up.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
 #159593  by MattMan

tcsned wrote:Here's a short clip from our show last night where I'm using the Solar Flare. My signal chain was IO modded cocobolo Tele (OBEL)-->Solar Flare-->T-Rex Replica-->SMS CTP-->Mac2100-->Beyma Liberty speaker.
Very nice--good performance! That Solar Flare totally nails the classic MXR+ Series 2000 tone:
 #159594  by tcsned

Thanks! Nice playing as well. It does really nail that MXR sound and more. I’m hoping to have some time this weekend to put it through its paces.