#155940  by nabco

Hey Seniorpesca,
How long did it take for you to receive the Solar Flare ?
It sounds like it will be a cool pedal but I am not sure if I want to prepay for a pedal that I haven't even heard yet and then wait for multiple weeks for it to be delivered.
Brad states in the OP that" he has a first batch to share with the JG friends" which is so cool of him !
I'm just hoping that the " first batch " actually means that there is product that is ready to be shipped out.
 #155943  by tcsned

Brad is a totally up front guy. I've got his Classic Twin Preamp and an Earth Drive, both delivered exactly when promised. Both better than I imagined. I'm ordering one ASAP.
 #155973  by Jedstein

rugger wrote:
seniorpesca wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgz1m4Bpse ... rfish4lyfe
Well that was pretty damn impressive! Nailing the Live Dead tones.

john in san diego
Plus 3 -- Nice playing (and killer tone).

I got my solar flare on Friday. Fell in love with it, instantly. Like half of the people on here, I'm a huge fan of the earth drive. It's been the one constant on my board, since I got it. For this reason, when Brad described what he was going to do with the Solar Flare, I knew I would order the pedal so that I could get it as soon as possible. For me -- it's the perfect compliment to the earth drive -- which I use when I need grit. For distortion, I have tried multiple boxes, including a tube screamer (silver mod), Wirlwind Goldbox, and more recently, the T-Rex Dr. Swamp. They were all OK -- but, for me at least, I found them all a bit compressed. I was actually was on the verge of buying another earth drive and stacking them with each other, because I love the way the earth drive sounds for both grit AND when cranked. But when Brad announced the Solar Flare -- that seemed like an even better option. It's an incredible distortion pedal. I put it side by side with the Goldbox (which is essentially the old MXR pedal Jerry used), and after a few minutes, I took the Goldbox off, and put it away. The Solar Flare really screams, but to my ears, it's warmer, more transparent, and overall, just more musical. It's got that same bees in the box quality, but to me at least, it's more pronounced, and less harsh as well. I always have a hard time describing tone -- I hope this helps. Thank you, Brad -- this pedal rocks!
 #155977  by Jonesnoyes

Thought I might weigh in... I just received solar flare. Have not had more than a couple hours..BUT, WOW! Really love it. Has plenty of gain, yet does not impose an eq. character like many others. I particularly like it low(9 o'clock ) gain with volume boost.great Jerry "pushed" sound. Did not see that sound coming. AMAZING higher gain solo tone for sure, will use that as well. Have already purchased preamp from Brad, once again I can't say enough. Beautiful gear from a company that clearly cares,flawless transactions as well. Just a beautiful sounding pedal, period . you will not be disappointed.
P.S run my low gain setting into tru tron....there's Jerrys occasional gain into filter"pure velvet" tone! Lower register best...

Thank you for enhancing my music life, Brad!
 #155992  by seniorpesca

its such a sick pedal i cannot wait to take it out on my gig tmmrw

we are doing mostly late 60s era but I have also dialed in the late 70s vibe..

cant wait to explore this pedal in non jerry zones too. its very very versitle
 #155994  by seniorpesca

PurpleTrails wrote:
seniorpesca wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgz1m4Bpse ... rfish4lyfe
Damn impressive indeed! How did you have the pedal set to get that tone? Were you playing split middle on that or what?

neck pickup with stratoblaster or middle with humbucker. when i dont have the solar flare engaged for a more cleaner but still gritty rhythm tone i use the Archer klone. this era is dang hard to emulate. getting ready to do some shows with TC soon and playing alot of this material this and next month. alot of acid always helps
 #156032  by somedirection

I used my Solar Flare for the first time at practice the other night.

It was great. Immediate "bees in a box". Little fussing or mussing with the dials. Got what I wanted quickly.

It's the Earthdrive - for light drive - and Solar Flare - for bees in a box distortion - on my board.

Very happy with SF. Have to play it more to see what else I can do with it/what songs I can use it on/what guitar settings work best with it/what other pedals play nice with it.
But first impression very very positive. Well done Brad.

thanks - Des