#154943  by GeneralGoldilocks

Hey all, I just got a couple of these (JBL D131's) that I was told were reconed at Austin Speaker Services. The stamp on the paper (it is paper, not cloth) says MW D120 and then the stamp didn't come through on the paper all the way, but I think it has a zde and definitely a 381 in there on the stamp. I believe that is some aftermarket D120 kit after lots of research. They sound great. I am planning on putting them in a deluxe reverb reissue I have. Now that I have such nice speakers, it is making me want a nicer deluxe reverb type amp, but that is opening up a can of worms. Do any of you guys have experience with the D 131's? I assume if they are reconed with 120 kits they handle the same power as a d120? I know d120's and d131's blow up, so I really don't want to throw too much power at them. I am hoping they will be a good match for the deluxe reverb style amp, I have two, so one will be a backup. Thanks in advance for any comments or experience. I am pretty stoked, they are beautiful sounding speakers and a great piece of history.