#175033  by BoogieMK2

I didn’t get a US SuperBlock to do Jerry but can see it would work. You can get from clean to a little grit and something like a light compression, using the gain and limiter controls. It is bright as you want. It gets pretty loud at higher gain settings. For really loud, use the DI or FX Send to another amp. The DI into the board sounds really good live.

I also ran my Rev preamp into the SBUS to get a lightweight power amp. Pat Quilter told me the 57 voice was most flat. The set up was OK but my SLA2 just sounds so much better. The front end and power amp of the SBUS are well matched, sounds great as is.
strumminsix liked this
 #175039  by Darkstar860

I got to try out a Quilter super block (100watt) and its pretty good but i def like my SMS>ART setup better or my Milkman unit. But for the price its pretty amazing what the quilter can do. I def liked the reverb too. :-)
Jon S. liked this
 #175040  by lbpesq

Darkstar860 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:09 am I got to try out a Quilter super block (100watt) and its pretty good but i def like my SMS>ART setup better or my Milkman unit. But for the price its pretty amazing what the quilter can do. I def liked the reverb too. :-)

Did you mean the Tone Block? The Superblocks are officially rated at 25 watts, though they actually put out a bit more.

Bill, tgo
strumminsix liked this
 #175043  by lbpesq

As I understand it, Pat Quilter improved the tube emulation with the newest products, the Superblock US and UK, the Aviator Mach 3, and the Aviator Cubs, US and UK. So if you like the Tone Block, the Superblock should sound even better!

Bill, tgo
strumminsix liked this
 #175270  by Mando_Nate

I think I'm going to take the leap and get the Superblock vs the milkman. What is everone using for setting to get the Jerry sound?
 #175275  by Darkstar860

I borrowed one of these the other night and i couldnt keep up with the 2 drummers. The model i used was 50watts. I liked the reverb a LOT. But thru my 2x12 cab with JBL's it just couldnt keep up. If i mic'd it id have no problem, but compared to my ART SLA-1 100watt power amp, it was night and day difference. The snap i like was hard to hear over the cymbals and snare drum. Ive heard people say they have no problem keeping up with the rest of the band, i did. If i were to get this i would want the 100watt model for sure. But the thing sounds great, i really dig it. But it def has a limit volume wise.

My band has
2 drummers
1 bassist
2 guitar players
2 keyboard players
5 vocalist
 #175279  by lbpesq

The Superblock is listed at 25 watts, though I strongly suspect it would test out higher. There are no 50 watt or 100 watt models of the Superblock. I’ve had no problem keeping up with a full band with mine, but both my bands are single drummers.

Bill, tgo
 #175304  by Slewfoot2000

Happy Holidays, everyone! Got a Superblock recently and have been very much enjoying it.

I've been using it as a headphone amp the past few weeks since receiving it. Does the job very well where I can connect an iPhone/iPad to the FX Return and play along to a backing trick without bothering my family. For whatever reason the volume isn't super high with headphones (need to crank it and have the guitar volume on the higher side), but perhaps that's for the best so my ears don't get fried! I am getting a nicer cable though in case that helps.

Just today I connected it to my standalone JBL E-120 and it sounded friggin fantastic. Nice and loud and clear. The gain overdrive saturation is also excellent on it.

The overall sound is very bright. Much brighter than my Twin. I keep the Quilter settings at about treble 4, mid 9 and bass 7 which seems to work nicely as of now.

My Milkman 100 is in the shop so look forward to comparing them at some point soon.
 #175306  by lbpesq

I pair my Superblock US with a 1x12 SSP cab loaded with an old Jensen Neo-100. Sounds great. I use it for rehearsals and jams, only bringing out the big rig for gigs. I keep it mounted on my pedal board so it's also ready to go as a backup at a gig, if necessary. Great little unit!

Bill, tgo
 #175308  by lbpesq

I pair my Superblock US with a 1x12 SSP cab loaded with an old Jensen Neo-100. Sounds great. I use it for rehearsals and jams, only bringing out the big rig for gigs. I keep it mounted on my pedal board so it's also ready to go as a backup at a gig, if necessary. Great little unit!

Bill, tgo
 #175311  by BoogieMK2

Slewfoot2000 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 am Happy Holidays, everyone! Got a Superblock recently and have been very much enjoying it.

I've been using it as a headphone amp the past few weeks since receiving it. Does the job very well where I can connect an iPhone/iPad to the FX Return and play along to a backing trick without bothering my family. For whatever reason the volume isn't super high with headphones (need to crank it and have the guitar volume on the higher side), but perhaps that's for the best so my ears don't get fried! I am getting a nicer cable though in case that helps.

Just today I connected it to my standalone JBL E-120 and it sounded friggin fantastic. Nice and loud and clear. The gain overdrive saturation is also excellent on it.

The overall sound is very bright. Much brighter than my Twin. I keep the Quilter settings at about treble 4, mid 9 and bass 7 which seems to work nicely as of now.

My Milkman 100 is in the shop so look forward to comparing them at some point soon.
I think the SBUS is very bright, I turn treble down quite a bit and that is using a Tone Tubby 40/40 speaker. Probably just me, I find my Revelation preamp to be bright as well. Can’t imagine either with the treble cranked and a JBL. Must not have the volume up enough!